I don't think it take a actual miracle for the Reds to make the playoffs but it will take an amazing second half.I don't think it will take everyone on the team just absolutely catching fire but it will certainly take a combined effort of just about everyone on the team greatly improving their play.

We all know that things are going bad right now.We will go into the break 4 or 5 games out and in 5ht place.We will have to outdo the 4 teams ahead of us the rest of the way.Luckily we are looking at 4 teams that are not world beaters and that if things go very well for the Reds could possibly be left to wonder how the Cincinnati Reds of all teams managed to win the central.I am by no means saying that this will happen.I'm not trying to convince anyone that it will happen.I only want to discuss what it will take for it to happen no matter how unlikely but within reason.What guys must do better?What moves must be made(lets try to avoid talking about imaginary and unrealistic trades)?So here is what I think it will take.

1.Harang,Volquez,Cueto,Bronson,Owings and Bailey all have to have great second halves.We went into the season knowing that it would take great pitching and nothing has changed.All of these guys have struggled at some point this year.Hopefully they have gotten it out of the way and they can get down to business by being the best rotation in at the least NL central.That would be a good start.

2.Dickerson,Gomes and Nix all have to be at least average as far as outfielders go.I think it will take a great second half out of one of those guys but like I said they all need to do well.

3.Baker needs to go.I don't want this to be a bash Baker thread but I have to say it because I really feel like that this team has underachieved despite their disadvantages.I blame Dusty for that.I have argued this in other threads to great lengths and will not do it here.I don't know who is out there that could take over but I'll take someone who plays the best guys and other then that does things by the book.

4.Votto will need to have a mvp kind of season.He won't have to pick the pace up much.Just keep doing it.

5.EE must have a good second half.A .300 avg 15 bombs and 45 rbi should get it done.

6.Gonzo must get healthy and continue to play good D.If he bats 8th a .260 avg. and .320 obp will not hurt us.

7.Hairston Jr. being a backup IF and 4th OF is the only roll he should have.

8.Taveras demoted to a 5th OF and pinch runner.

9.Everyone else just needs to keep doing about what they are doing.

That's a lot but I really think that is about what we need.