• Trade both & use Dickerson in CF

4 2.60%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote: Stubbs or Heisey

Vote: Stubbs or Heisey

OK guys time to vote!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Vote: Stubbs or Heisey

I voted to keep Heisey and trade Stubbs. i like Heisey's power potential.
    both of these guys are just prospects. there is no guarantee either will have a good major league career. however i can imagine a 'near worst case scenario' of a Heisey/Dickerson platoon in CF flanked by Bruce in RF and a stud hitter in LF.

keeping both isn't a good option as we have holes elsewhere and a stopgap left fielder (until Frazier or Alonso is ready) shouldn't be too hard to find.

I haven't seen either play and really have no clue who will be better in the majors. But I do believe one should be traded for an area of need and Stubbs is the bigger name of the two which could net a bigger return.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I like both. I think both will be above average CFers, just in completely different ways.

As I've said multiple times in this debate, I like Home Runs. Keep Heisey and trade Stubbs before everyone realizes he's Ken Berry.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...en-Berry.shtml
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Its such a hard thing to commit to. I almost would rather them keep both, and play it safe in case one is a bust, rather to trade one and end up picking the wrong one.

If I had to pick I'd go with Heisey because I think the bat is more legit, and his D is good enough from all accounts.

I'd still keep both of them just to play it safe.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am in no rush to do anything with either of them. The Reds obviously aren't going to play either one in CF right now so there is no need to trade someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am in no rush to do anything with either of them. The Reds obviously aren't going to play either one in CF right now so there is no need to trade someone.
    think ahead to 2010 then. the Reds have decisions to make in the outfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    think ahead to 2010 then. the Reds have decisions to make in the outfield.
    Willy Taveras will be playing CF in 2010.

are you being serious?

about half the games in the last month i haven't watched after seeing his name atop the lineup. he is just abyssmally terrible and Dusty not only starts him but bats him 1rst or 2nd.

i had quit watching the Reds at all during the last few years of Lindner's ownership. the guy just didn't know what he was doing. i got interested again when the team got a new owner. if the Reds brass plays Taveras in 2010 over Dickerson, Stubbs & Heisey then i will quit watching the team again. it would show they have absolutely no clue what they are doing and that the Reds have no chance to win until Bob C is gone. whats the point in watching a team that has no chance to win either now or in the future?

To be fair hes been getting less playing time.

I agree... and it makes me sick! They will give him until June before they cut bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    are you being serious?

about half the games in the last month i haven't watched after seeing his name atop the lineup. he is just abyssmally terrible and Dusty not only starts him but bats him 1rst or 2nd.

i had quit watching the Reds at all during the last few years of Lindner's ownership. the guy just didn't know what he was doing. i got interested again when the team got a new owner. if the Reds brass plays Taveras in 2010 over Dickerson, Stubbs & Heisey then i will quit watching the team again. it would show they have absolutely no clue what they are doing and that the Reds have no chance to win until Bob C is gone. whats the point in watching a team that has no chance to win either now or in the future?
    Be ready to quit watching then. I would be more surprised if Willy is on the bench than if he is starting. Sad but true story of the Cincinnati Reds.

I voted keep them both. I'm with Doug why rush it this team is going nowhere fast. This is what I don't get why are they such idiots! Reds management I mean this is the perfect time for audition time for both Stubbs or Heisey. Bruce is lost for 6-8 weeks so bring them both up and see what it is that you may have or not have. I could care less if they loose value by exposing them. This team cannot afford to make a huge mistake and trade the wrong guy. I mean look at the first round of the 2006 draft many of those guys are making solid contrabutions if not having already had their cup of coffee so to speak. In my opinion I think they will both be solid major league players just in different ways. The dream situation would be to keep them both hit one and two in the order Joey plays third Yonder at first but hey I'm a red fan so all seems like a dream no?

I'm curious to find out if heisey has enough pop to play left.. If the power is for real, why not? Keep em both, no rush yet.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?