Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: At This Point, Would You Trade Owings And Masset To The Nationals For Adam Du

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 38.36%
  • No

45 61.64%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: At This Point, Would You Trade Owings And Masset To The Nationals For Adam Dunn?

At This Point, Would You Trade Owings And Masset To The Nationals For Adam Dunn?

i say yes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: At This Point, Would You Trade Owings And Masset To The Nationals For Adam Dunn?

I doubt the Reds are looking to add more money to the payroll.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: At This Point, Would You Trade Owings And Masset To The Nationals For Adam Dunn?

Strangly, Adam is exactly what this team needs right now. But for Masset and Owings. I'll pass.

Now a Hairston and Arroyo....
    Witty signature.

Not really sure where you are going with this.

But if it is a simple question with no subtext, then of course.

However, I doubt Bailey and Stewart, or Alonso and Wood would get it done. The Nats have made it clear they are not trading Dunn unless they get at least two top prospects.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

no. i can't stand Dunn. i think he is lazy. there is a reason the Reds didn't keep him and it wasn't because of his low average or not wanting a weak defender in LF.

Also I doubt the Reds would want him back unless the NL added the DH.

I'd love to have Dunn back, and this price is ridiculously low, if anything. It's an absolute scandal that he wasn't on the ALL Star team this year. There are a half dozen guys who should not have been on that team before Dunn (even considering the one per team requirement).

Yes a million times over
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    no. i can't stand Dunn. i think he is lazy. there is a reason the Reds didn't keep him and it wasn't because of his low average or not wanting a weak defender in LF.

i think he is lazy

Its hard to call somebody lazy when that player gives you 40+hr and 100+rbi every year.Just saying

Yes I would make that trade!
    Last edited by WVPacman; 07-14-2009 at 11:58 PM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Dunn is a DH. In LF, he's a 2 win player -- we'd be just as good off, possibly better, with Dickerson out there every day. I'll take the legitimate 4th/5th starter who is cheaper, younger, and can hit a bit himself.

While I've argued otherwise, Dunn is overpaid. I'd much prefer Owings and the cash difference.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Player for player, sure. But that is a bit of a baited/unfair question due to it not addressing payroll issues. Sorry to be harsh but like noted above...where are you going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    i think he is lazy

Its hard to call somebody lazy when that player gives you 40+hr and 100+rbi every year.Just saying

Yes I would make that trade!
    in all the time he was with the Reds you never heard about him working on his defense, taking extra batting practice, working with the hitting coach to learn to drive the ball to the opposite field, etc, etc, etc

Darryl Strawberry was a lazy slug and got by on natural talent for several years. there are lots of examples in sports. if Dunn worked at his game he could have been an absolute monster, not just a good but complimentary player.

Of course I would make the trade. But I doubt our tightwad owner would.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    in all the time he was with the Reds you never heard about him working on his defense, taking extra batting practice, working with the hitting coach to learn to drive the ball to the opposite field, etc, etc, etc

Darryl Strawberry was a lazy slug and got by on natural talent for several years. there are lots of examples in sports. if Dunn worked at his game he could have been an absolute monster, not just a good but complimentary player.
    Freel worked his tail off. Would you want him back?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Freel worked his tail off. Would you want him back?
    1. Freel has nothing to do with Dunn.

2. i want a 25 man roster of professional players doing their best to win.

3. i don't want to pay my hard earned cash going to the ballpark to watch a guy who played video games all afternoon hit yet another grounder into the shift

Turn Off Ads?