Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday 7/15/09 Minor League Updates

Re: Wednesday 7/15/09 Minor League Updates

Some pretty funny stuff from Jamie Ramsey today:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com
    LOUISVILLE: The Bats were off yesterday celebrating Jackie Earle Haley’s 48th birthday...Haley, who played Kelly Leak in the classic baseball movie The Bad News Bears, was expected to join the Bats for his birthday party at Slugger Field but no-showed when he found out that he was prohibited from flying around, popping wheelies and doing donuts on the playing surface with his Harley Davidson motorbike…The Bats resume action tomorrow night vs. Durham.

CAROLINA: The Mudcats were off yesterday observing the 128th anniversary of Pat Garrett gunning down Billy the Kid...in memory of the incident, Reds broadcaster Jeff “The Cowboy” Brantley traveled out to Zebulon on horseback to treat the entire Mudcats team to a double-feature showing of Young Guns and Young Guns II…The Mudcats resume action tonight, hosting Chattanooga in the first game of a 5-game series.

SARASOTA: The Reds were off yesterday observing the 40th anniversary of the US $500, $1,000, $5,000 and $10,000 bills officially being withdrawn from circulation...as he does every year on this date, Reds broadcaster Marty Brennaman went out to a secret undisclosed location to dig up his giant jar containing several notes of each denomination to make sure it and the money remain intact.

DAYTON: The Dragons were off yesterday celebrating the 6th anniversary of the United States Government admitting to the existence of “Area 51.”...To mark the occasion, Reds Vice President of Scouting, Player Development & Intergalactic Operations Bill Bavasi traveled to Dayton via UFO to treat the Dayton team to moonpies and Martian-shaped cookies baked by Director of Major League Administration Debbie Bent…The Dragons will resume action tonight, hosting Quad Cities in the first game of a 4-game set.

BILLINGS: The Mustangs were off yesterday celebrating Bastille Day...in honor of the occasion, the entire Billings team put on a reenactment at Dehler Park of the storming of the Bastille fortress/prison (equipped with costumes)...Mustangs’ manager Julio Garcia played King Louis XVI while hitting coach Delino DeShields took on the role of Louis-Phillipe, duc d’Orléans…The Mustangs play for real tonight against Orem in the first game of a 3-game series in Billings.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

2. Turn Off Ads?

Enrico (Columbus, Ohio)

Reds outfield line-up in 3 years with stubbs, heisey, bruce, and maybe votto ( with alonzo pushing votto to OF). What is Heisey's upside?

Jim Callis (2:14 PM)

I think Heisey can be a solid regular. But I think the Reds' outfield of the future, from left to right, will be Votto, Stubbs, Bruce.

Jay Bruce (Cincy)

Am I still a future star?

Jim Callis (2:52 PM)

Yes.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ith-jim-callis

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Enrico (Columbus, Ohio)

Reds outfield line-up in 3 years with stubbs, heisey, bruce, and maybe votto ( with alonzo pushing votto to OF). What is Heisey's upside?

Jim Callis (2:14 PM)

I think Heisey can be a solid regular. But I think the Reds' outfield of the future, from left to right, will be Votto, Stubbs, Bruce.

Jay Bruce (Cincy)

Am I still a future star?

Jim Callis (2:52 PM)

Yes.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ith-jim-callis
    Good to hear someone not on this board can see Votto in LF in the future. I wonder if the people that matter see it that way.
    Go BLUE!!!

AAA All Star game on tonight at 10pm on espn2 .
    2009 Redszone MLB Mock Draft

1st Round - Steven Strasburg

1st Round - Matt Purke

2nd Round - Brett Jackson

3rd Round - Kent Matthes

The DSL Reds lost 7-2. Junior Arias went 1-for-4.

FWIW, Todd Frazier isn't in the lineup tonight for Carolina.

Sarasota is a mess. Down 10-0 in the 5th

Ft Myers got 9 in the 2nd.

Code:
    Player	        IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	ERA
    Gonzalez, R 	1.1	10	10	10	1	1	1	4.94

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    FWIW, Todd Frazier isn't in the lineup tonight for Carolina.
    ''

I was worried when he only got 1 AB in the all-star game. Has anyone heard if he is injured?
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Frazier just entered the game in the 6th in LF as part of a double switch.

Wow -- Lee Tabor another start for Carolina, and another good one. 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K. As a starter, he has now pitched 11 scoreless innings, 7 H, 2 BB. And he's a lefty. Keep him there, please.

What is going on with Lee Tabor? Has he learned another pitch?

Is there a commentary here on BABIP? Sarasota trails Ft. Myers 12-0. Sarasota has 2 hits. Ft. Myers has 14 hits. Sarasota (offensively) has 1 K. Ft. Myers has 8 K.

Like Tabor, Curtis Partch (Dayton) has also departed from form and posted consecutive scoreless starts, both over 6 innings. Tonight, 4 H, 2 BB, 8 K. What's up with these guys? (Actually, Partch, with the exception of two starts in June, has pitched well for a couple months, leaving his ERA at 4.75--which tells you how he started out the season.)

pretty weak flyout to right by stubbs in his first AB

I really would have no problem with Justin Lehr getting a spot start if needed. Heck, I would have no problem with Arroyo being DLed if he comes back with another crappy outing and Lehr getting a few starts. That splitter is nasty
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?