Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fantasy football trade

Fantasy football trade

I have been offered Santonio Holmes and Ronnie Brown for Marques Colston and Kellen Winslow.

This is a legacy league that we draft rookies every year and keep the same team. I have the #1 pick and plan on taking Crabtree.

My other RBs are Portis, Addai and Kevin Smith
    My starting TE is Dallas Clark

Thoughts on this trade?
    I'm leaning towards taking it although I need some QB help, but not sure Colston or Winslow could help me get it (current QBs are Hasselback and Flacco)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fantasy football trade

I'd take it...

Yes, take it. No doubt about it imho.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

In a heartbeat.

You always want the best player in any trade.

In this one that player is Colston, by a long-shot. At the end of the year, Colston will have 100 more points than Holmes. Colston is a Top-3 Wide Receiver.

I wouldn't do it, and instead I'd find another way to get a Running Back. After taking Crabtree, use your next two picks on Runningbacks. You should be able to get two decent Rookie Runningbacks that might pan out. You should also be able to find a runningback on the Free Agent wires that could help you.

Rule #1 in tradeology: Never give up the best player in a trade.

Try to get a Ray Rice for a Winslow, or Ronnie Brown straight up for Winslow.

Also, I wouldn't draft Crabtree #1. I'd draft Donald Brown. You're going to wish you did if you don't.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Good to know I hadn't totally lost it. after the first few responses I was worried I'd lost my touch.

I never give up the best player in the deal. Agreed with that, and Colston is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Also, I wouldn't draft Crabtree #1. I'd draft Donald Brown. You're going to wish you did if you don't.
    Interesting. I'll look into him a little bit more.

I already did the trade. Part of it was I was just fed up with Colston. You are right that he is probably the better player but he has been so injury prone the last couple years that a good part of his production has been after I have been elimated from playoff contention and his huge games don't matter for me.

Thank you for the advice though. You certainly make some good points.

Stat geek...and proud

I'm high on Ronnie Brown this year....so it may work out for ya.

Turn Off Ads?