Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Blu Ray DVDS

Blu Ray DVDS

Does anyone here have a Blu Ray player? I've been using my PS3 for Blu Ray movies and they look simply amazing.

What are some must buy BR DVDs? I was thinking about picking up the Terminator and a few others tomorrow.
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Blu Ray DVDS

I don't know if you enjoy nature shows, but if you do Planet Earth is a must buy. Absolutely stunning to look at.

Pixar movies look incredible on blu-ray.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Here, here on Planet Earth.

Just make sure you change the output settings for sound on the PS3 so you get digital sound if using an HDMI cable.

MI:3 looks great, as does The Dark Knight.

But, really, they all look great.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I recently got a PS3 and I've so far picked up Master and Commander, Iron Man, and Flyboys on Blu Ray. All look excellent. I'll probably get a few more when the cash flow improves.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

Yeah right now all I have are Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Taken. I wish my Wal Mart had the Star Trek movies on Blu Ray
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Yeah right now all I have are Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Taken. I wish my Wal Mart had the Star Trek movies on Blu Ray
    Star Trek Season One on Blu-Ray is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Star Trek Season One on Blu-Ray is spectacular.
    Have they done anything with the special effects or anything?
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Have they done anything with the special effects or anything?
    Yes, but you have the option of watching either the original or the, ahem, enhanced version. I chose to watch the original.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

I'll 3rd Planet Earth outstanding stuff from the BBC, they also made Earth the Biography which is fascinating. I also own IMAX The Blue Planet which is cool. But my favorite geographical type BR is one I bought on the cheap (14.95) called Over America, some breathtaking scenic views of alot of places in america from coast to coast and beyond, some expected shots and some not so expected.

As far as movies go I too have Flyboys which is cool, I also like Into the Blue (mostly for the Picturesque Jessica Alba). Also have Crank, The Patriot with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger and Beowulf which I think all look cooler on BR. I have some others too but the geographical type stuff is the best BR offers IMO.

My next major Purchase for BR's is gonna be Band of Brothers. And not to change the subject but did HBO ever get that Band of Brothers South Pacific off the ground yet, anyone?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

i'm up to 90 blu-ray movies now. after making the switch it is hard to watch a standard dvd now. of course they cost more than the standard dvds but you can pick up some great deals at amazon.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Okay- another recommendation: My Bloody Valentine in 3D.

While no Oscar winner, that's for sure- the Blu Ray comes in a 3-D version with glasses.

What a hoot.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

Turn Off Ads?