Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dickerson now possibly headed to DL

Dickerson now possibly headed to DL

They just said on the telecast Dickerson had to be scratched due to back spasms and now he may be headed to the DL.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Re: Dickerson now possibly headed to DL

And still no moves?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Dickerson will be Wally Pipped by Willy Taveras!

wait.

what?
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And still no moves?
    Even if Dickerson were to be placed on the DL tonight, his replacement wouldn't be able to get here until tomorrow. (Dickerson was scratched from the starting lineup this afternoon, so it would have been a last-minute decision.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Heard they called the Nationals about the availability of C. Patterson !! wouldn't surprise me!!

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

An outfield of Corey Patterson and Willy Tavares? Just call it two of the four horsemen of the suckalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Even if Dickerson were to be placed on the DL tonight, his replacement wouldn't be able to get here until tomorrow. (Dickerson was scratched from the starting lineup this afternoon, so it would have been a last-minute decision.)
    Facts are boring.. I want ACTION

13 pitchers. They are carrying 13 pitchers, and have been doing so all week. Coming out of the all-star break. That should be 12. Someone could be up that has a stick, and then they are not caught with their pants at ankles when a back spasms.

But that's not as fun as snark. So, snark away.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    13 pitchers. They are carrying 13 pitchers, and have been doing so all week. Coming out of the all-star break. That should be 12. Someone could be up that has a stick, and then they are not caught with their pants at ankles when a back spasms.

13 pitchers is an issue, but this was more about Dickerson, IF he goes to the DL then it's a new event and expecting a call up on that in the current known time frame is snark worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

The Reds will go with 13 pitchers tonight. It sounds like they make a move tomorrow.

"There are some technical things," Dusty Baker said.
    Sounds like someone has been scheduled to come up tomorrow. For some reason a snag was hit in getting him up for today's game.

I am hoping that it's either Stubbs or Heisey and the snag was that they were in All-Star games during the break. fingers crossed.

If Dickerson is down for a while, I could see a trade, maybe a Luke Scott or Aubrey Huff. Someone that won't cost any real prospects, but will be a nice fill in.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

I saw it written somewhere (can't remember off the top of my head) that Drew Sutton went down 9 days ago. Tomorrow he'll be eligible to come back up, so that could be the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I saw it written somewhere (can't remember off the top of my head) that Drew Sutton went down 9 days ago. Tomorrow he'll be eligible to come back up, so that could be the deal.
    I mentioned it in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Unfortunately, and no offense to Sutton, but that makes more sense, and is probably what will happen.

That makes a trade if DIckerson is down for awhile all the more likely. Can't be putting Gomes in RF too often and not get burned.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Unfortunately, and no offense to Sutton, but that makes more sense, and is probably what will happen.

That makes a trade if DIckerson is down for awhile all the more likely. Can't be putting Gomes in RF too often and not get burned.
    I don't understand why Gomes is in RF tonight. I would have put him in LF, with Nix in RF. (Nix is a better defensive OF.)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I don't understand why Gomes is in RF tonight. I would have put him in LF, with Nix in RF. (Nix is a better defensive OF.)
    I agree. Gomes is a statue. He should never play anything other than LF.

Turn Off Ads?