Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Five Minor League Players Suspended For Using Banned Substances

Five Minor League Players Suspended For Using Banned Substances

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releas...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that five Minor League players have received 50-game suspensions after each tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Pitcher Alexis Juma of the Oakland Athletics organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.

Pitcher Renedin Mesa of the Los Angeles Angels organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.

Pitcher Alex Nolasco of the Athletics organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.

Pitcher Joan Pascual of the Philadelphia Phillies organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.

Outfielder Jose Trinidad of the Phillies organization (Dominican Summer League) has been suspended after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Five Minor League Players Suspended For Using Banned Substances

http://ca.reuters.com/article/sports...56G7T520090717

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Six minor league players were suspended 50 games each on Friday for doping, one day after five others were punished for using performance-enhancing substances, the commissioner of baseball's office announced.

The five suspended Thursday were all from the Dominican Summer League, and five of Friday's offenders also came from that league including pitchers Billis Andujar and Jose Encarnacion of the Tigers organization.

Other Dominican league players suspended were pitchers Carlos Rosario of the White Sox, Aristedes Santos of the Royals and Jorge Serra of the Blue Jays. Milwaukee Brewers hurler Cody Adams of the Single-A Midwest League was also punished.

(Reporting by Larry Fine, Editing by Nigel Hunt)
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I have an old coworker who said he knows of a reds reliever who bought a bag of weed of someone at a party. A young guy who has been up and down.

He wouldn't give me a name because he said he didn't remember. Just remembers his friend bringing it up.

The guy has no reason to lie because he doesnt follow baseball. Just take it for what it's worth.

All I know is that if any minor leaguers read this and know who it is, tell them to get their head on straight and dont eff up your oppotunity me or anyone of us at redszone would kill to have.
    Last edited by smith288; 07-18-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    I have an old coworker who said he knows of a reds reliever who bought a bag of weed of someone at a party. A young guy who has been up and down.

He wouldn't give me a name because he said he didn't remember. Just remembers his friend bringing it up.

The guy has no reason to lie because he doesnt follow baseball. Just take it for what it's worth.

All I know is that if any minor leaguers read this and know who it is, tell them to get their head on straight and dont eff up your oppotunity me or anyone of us at redszone would kill to have.
    Pot is on the list of banned substances:

List of banned substances

[edit] Drugs of abuse

1. Cocaine
    2. LSD
    3. Marijuana
    4. Opiates (e.g., heroin, codeine, morphine)
    5. MDMA (“Ecstasy”)
    6. GHB
    7. Phencyclidine (“PCP”)

[edit] Steroids

1. Androstanediol
    2. Androstanedione
    3. Androstenediol
    4. Androstenedione
    5. Bolasterone
    6. Boldenone
    7. Calusterone
    8. Clenbuterol
    9. Clostebol
    10. Dehydrochloromethyltestosterone
    11. Desoxy-methyltestosterone
    12. ∆1-dihydrotestosterone
    13. 4-dihydrotestosterone
    14. Drostanolone
    15. Ethylestrenol
    16. Fluoxymesterone
    17. Formebolone
    18. Furazabol
    19. 13a-ethyl-17a-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one
    20. 4-hydroxytestosterone
    21. 4-hydroxy-19-nortestosterone
    22. Mestanolone
    23. Mesterolone
    24. Methandienone
    25. Methandriol
    26. Methenolone
    27. Methyltestosterone
    28. Mibolerone
    29. 17a-methyl-∆1-dihydrotestosterone
    30. Nandrolone
    31. Norandrostenediol
    32. Norandrostenedione
    33. Norbolethone
    34. Norclostebol
    35. Norethandrolone
    36. Oxandrolone
    37. Oxymesterone
    38. Oxymetholone
    39. Stanozolol
    40. Stenbolone
    41. Testolactone
    42. Testosterone
    43. Tetrahydrogestrinone
    44. Trenbolone
    45. Any salt, ester or ether of a drug or substance listed above; and
    46. Human Growth Hormone (aka HGH)

[edit] Stimulants

1. Amfepramone (Diethylproprion)
    2. Amphetamine
    3. Amphetaminil
    4. Benzphetamine
    5. Chloroamphetamine
    6. Chlorphentermine
    7. Clobenzorex
    8. Clortermine
    9. Dimethylamphetamine
    10. Ephedrine (Ephedra)
    11. Ethylamphetamine
    12. Famprofazone
    13. Fencamfamine
    14. Fenethylline
    15. Fenfluramine
    16. Fenproporex
    17. Furfenorex
    18. Mefenorex
    19. Mesocarb
    20. Mephentermine
    21. Methylphenidate
    22. Modafinil
    23. Pemoline
    24. Phenpentermine
    25. Phentermine
    26. Prolintane
    27. Phendimetrazine (Phenmetrazine)
    28. Propylhexedrine
    29. Pyrovalerone
    30. Selegiline

I didn't expect it to be, since Geovany Soto tested positive at the WBC and wasn't given a suspension. I guess only MLB tests count? Would think a positive test is a positive test when it comes to banned substances, but I guess not.

Turn Off Ads?