Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction

These next 9 games is make or break time... with the Cards and Brewers having somewhat easy schedules the next 10 games we need to play good ball. If not and we sink back to 8 or 9 game behind 1st place people will get traded. Walt is saying he looking for a bat, but we all know there really isn't a solid bat out there who is on the trading block and we can afford. Good news is Magglio Ordonez is expected to be released when Carlos Guillen comes off the DL, HOWEVER I doubt we are still in the race by then.

Prediction: The Reds go 3-6 in the next 9 games and fall to 7-8 games behind 1st place. The next 9 games takes us to a week before the deadline when things will start to happen.

Possible Destinations:

SP Aaron Harang: Phillies, Yankees, Rangers, Mets, and Dodgers
    SP Bronson Arroyo: Mets, Tigers, and Angels
    RP Arthur Rhodes: Tigers, Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, Rockies, and Dodgers
    RP David Weathers: Same as Rhodes
    C Ramon Hernandez: Mets, Angels, and Rockies
    OF Johnny Gomes: Mets, Giants, Braves and Cardinals
    OF Laynce Nix: Same as Gomes

Best Case Scenario:

1. Phillies fall out of contention for Roy Halladay and are willing to part with a package centering around Michael Taylor for Harang.

2. Mets need for another starter becomes too much, we pick up half of Arroyo's contract and pick up a major league ready SS or CF.

3. Rhodes gets picked up by the Dodgers to help out their bullpen and in doing so we grab a major league ready SS or CF which ever one we didn't get from the Mets.

4. Rockies need for bullpen help is obvious so they get a veteran in Weathers and we pick up their young catcher in the minors. (cant remember his name on baseball america top 10 in rockies org.)

5. Ramon may be unmovable because alot of teams dont need catchers, but Angels could be interested for 2 mid-level prospects.

6. Package Gomes with Arroyo to the Mets for another player in the deal.

7. Send Nix to the Braves for 2 PTBNL.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chain Reaction

after hearing walt talk just last week to grande/welsh, i'm convinced nothing happens no matter where we stand at the trade deadline. it sounded like the the injuries were his main reason and i think they'll just use that excuse and let the season play out. hopefully at the end of the season walt realizes a few things and gets rid of some players that have no business being here.

if he does that i expect to lose for a couple more years....

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post
    if he does that i expect to lose for a couple more years....
    you think we lose a couple more years because he decided not to trade away young talent with all the injuries we had this year?

i dont wanna trade away young talent i want to trade away the veteran guys who shouldn't be on this ballclub (except harang)... all those guys are good players for veteran teams, the Reds should not be considered a veteran team, we have alot of talent in the minors that could be ready next season and some of these veterans are blocking them... the only way to force dusty to play the best players is to trade away the average veterans he falls in love with....

I really doubt that that Arroyo or Harrang will be delt to the Mets because the Mets have nothing to offer in return. The Mets farm system is bare. Plus The Mets don't need starting pitching, they need offense. Finally, don't expect the Mets to pick up any big payroles. Its now being reported that Wilpon dropped 700 million to Bernie Madoff. Granted the mEts have to put something on the field to market their new ball park, but I don't see them being active buyers in the near future.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 07-17-2009 at 12:40 AM.

next year... (tickets soon available).

"Just please hang on as long as your wallets..cough..I mean..you can stand."

Turn Off Ads?