Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Eric Eymann called up to the Bats

Eric Eymann called up to the Bats

Not exactly what I was looking for.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eric Eymann called up to the Bats

Same here!! I can't for the life of me remember who posted this comment but they said thay had spoken to a friend who was close to the Cardinal organization and said that these types of moves were classic Jock. He will delay in promoting someone more deserving so as not to deminish their trade value? Take it for what it's worth. Man I hope he still dosen't think that a trade will help the Reds?

Eymann is now organizational filler just like Camillo Vasquez is on the pitching side. They go where needed. Soon as need is over, they'll be back.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 07-17-2009 at 03:03 PM.

I hadn't noticed but the Bats roster is now at 25 men. That's one over the limit so expect another move in the next few hours. And hopefully, that will include some moves on the 40-man.

I KNEW it.

Drew Sutton called up to Reds.

This org seems really reluctant to make any moves to their 40-man.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I KNEW it.

Drew Sutton called up to Reds.

This org seems really reluctant to make any moves to their 40-man.
    I see it more as unnecessary at this moment. Jocketty said he doesn't consider Stubbs ready, and I presume that implicitly includes Heisey, so where's the need to do something on the 40 man roster? Clearly they've got some flexibility there with possible 60 DL candidates. I just don't think Walt's going to let himself do something rash when it's not necessary, IMO. I know that's not a popular view, but I like the steady hand at the moment.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I see it more as unnecessary at this moment. Jocketty said he doesn't consider Stubbs ready, and I presume that implicitly includes Heisey, so where's the need to do something on the 40 man roster? Clearly they've got some flexibility there with possible 60 DL candidates. I just don't think Walt's going to let himself do something rash when it's not necessary, IMO. I know that's not a popular view, but I like the steady hand at the moment.
    Understood RM, however it's only rash if it's not deserved. I could probably agree with him on Stubbs because he has things to iron out yet. On Heisey however I'd be interested in what they feel he needs to iron out because he has always been way ahead of the curve went it comes to polish and in every way possible. I think they are keeping him down there just because he hasn't been at AAA long enough for the oposition to figure out a way to exploit whatever weakness they think he has. My guess is he doesn't have a particular weakness that can be exploited enough for him to remain there and work on it.

I bet if Walt and company were forced to answer what Heisey has to work on at AAA they couldn't tell you anything specific. Except that AAA is a stop along the way to the show and they feel everyone must stop there and play for some extended period of time before they are given a shot at the Major Leagues. It's either that or probably about money and they want to put a couple of years between one slew of youngsters and another slew.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Frazier needs to be in Louisville right now playing 3rd base. We need a bigger bat for LF. Todd's got the glove for third base.

I've been one of those who have always believed in Edwin's "ptential". I've come to the pointwhere I'm convinced he just a tease though. I hope he can go on a tear and they can deal him for a solid return. I can live with sutton the rest of the year. they won't deal him though if he "goes on a tear".

Turn Off Ads?