Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Introducing Todd Frazier, Five-Tool Stud Who'll Help Rebuild the Cincinnati Reds

Old Red Guard Reject

Re: Introducing Todd Frazier, Five-Tool Stud Who'll Help Rebuild the Cincinnati Reds

Is Frazier completely out at SS?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Introducing Todd Frazier, Five-Tool Stud Who'll Help Rebuild the Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Is Frazier completely out at SS?
    Yes, I think he could probably play it but hes too big for him to be a MLB short stop.

The lack of Frazier at AAA makes me so angry just sitting here thinking about it. There is no reason for him to not be in position to have a good chance of being 2010s starting 3rd baseman. Maybe im just really high on Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The lack of Frazier at AAA makes me so angry just sitting here thinking about it. There is no reason for him to not be in position to have a good chance of being 2010s starting 3rd baseman. Maybe im just really high on Frazier.

You kids and your slang. :

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Agree. Why he's not playing 3B in Louisville right now is beyond me.
    Go BLUE!!!

There's rumblings about the reds picking up Scott Rolen from the Jays for EE (plus more perhaps) according to some article or talk mentioned on Lance McCalister's blog. I think I saw something on here or somewhere else a few weeks back that there was interest in acquiring Rolen, who's contract expires after 2010. If there's thruth to those rumors, and the Reds are working on them, perhaps they're waiting until something is finalized either way before making the call w/ Frazier. W/ Rolen on the Reds in 2010, perhaps Frazier spends the season in AAA at 3b, or perhaps they give him a shot in LF, or perhaps it somewhat depends on how Alonso recovers and what they do w/ Votto at 1b/LF.

I guess there are lots of ways they could go w/ Frazier at this point, I don't see the need to rush him at this point. Let things sort themselves out, then move him up to AAA where he could the rest of this season and half to all of next concentrating on what position the Reds think he can help them out in 2011. If Rolen's here for 2010, perhaps they want to keep him playing LF, but don't want to rock the Stubbs/Heisey/OF situation right now so they're keeping him in AA for the time being. W/ Dickerson possibley done for the season, one of Stubbs/Heisey could be up w/ the Reds this week, making a space for Frazier to move up to AAA and showcase his talents for a 2010 spot.

Turn Off Ads?