Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS Brandon Wood from the Angels??

SS Brandon Wood from the Angels??

I was reading a post on reds.com and and someone posted something about the Reds attempting to acquire Brandon Wood from the Angels. He mentions something about the Angels getting two pitchers in return, possibly Harang and Rhodes for Brandon Wood and 2 pitching prospects. Anyone else heard any rumors such as this?? Here is the link

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/foru...reds&tid=56083

I know there was also rumors of the Reds going after Matt Kemp from the Dodgers, anything to this rumor??

Does anyone think that it is conceivable that the Reds could make the trade with the Angels and then possibly give up Arroyo for Matt Kemp?? I like the starting 8 if the Reds can make this deal for 2010??

C - Hanigan
    1B - Votto
    2B - Phillips
    SS - Wood
    3B - Encarnacion
    LF - Kemp
    CF - Dickerson/Taveras
    RF - Bruce

The question is, how would the pitching fair if they gave up both Harang and Arroyo.

SP - Volquez, Cueto, Bailey, Owings, Matt Maloney/Travis Wood/free agent

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: SS Brandon Wood from the Angels??

We arent getting kemp. Kemp is the dodgers Bruce.

in 2008 he batted .200 and struck out 33% of the time.

Sounds like a great deal!

I have seen this suggested more then once over in the ORG.They seem to think that Wood could be a nice pick up for the Reds.At 24 he hasn't had a lot of success at the big league level but he just murders the pitching in the minors.

I have said all along that if we trade Harang the SS problem needs to be addressed in the process.For Harang and Rhodes I'd like to think that we'd get more then just one minor league guy though.IMO it would require at least 1 good pitching prospect coming our way to get this deal done.

Wood really hasnt been given a fair shot at the majors either. 200 ABs doesnt make or break a career.

I can't make up my mind about how I feel about this... On one side I'm happy to see a re-shaping but on the other hand I'm a huge Harang fan. And BA for Kemp = euphoria for me. I don't know much about Wood but wouldn't it be more likely with Harang + (?) for Kemp and Arroyo to the Angels? But what do I know. Kemp in a reds uniform would make me a happy man.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds deal Harang and/or Arroyo this year and possibly still compete for the division title or wild card depending on what they get in return??? I have felt like Harang has struggled mentally by not getting the run support and always feels like he needs to make the perfect pitch. I think now is the time to deal him if we can get a SS or right-handed, power-hitting OF.

I don't want to get rid of Arthur Lee.

Harang is the classic hard luck loser. His boys give him bupkis run support seemingly every time out. Keep him and see what he could do if the bats ever wake up and produce consistently.

Brandon Wood is going to be traded for Roy Halladay. In the past hour, there has been developments that the Angels are willing to part with Brandon Wood and that the trade is 95% going to happen. Watch. . .

Well when it is 99.9% sure who are the 2 pitching prospects and I don't really what to see Arthur go.

Whom do you think the prospects are?
    Last edited by BEETTLEBUG; 07-19-2009 at 10:59 PM.

I would trade Harang this year as well. He's been on a down hill projectile for 2 years now, and is owed a bunch of money next year. Next year at this time you might be looking at Harang as you are Arroyo this year........un-trade-able. We have some nice young, cheap arms that are ready to go now. Trade Harang for Wood (or some other young SS), and if you find a sucker get rid of Arroyo too. That gives us a ton of payroll flexibility going into the off season for FAs.

I Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    We arent getting kemp. Kemp is the dodgers Bruce.
    Why is Jay Bruce untradeable?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Why is Jay Bruce untradeable?
    What would you trade Jay Bruce for? I don't think there is any way that you get equal value in return for someone who is a 22 year old, 1 year of MLB service time former #1 overall prospect in minor league baseball.

Maybe you trade him for like three top-25 prospects, some of who are close to major league ready. But why do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

Turn Off Ads?