Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BIG TIME RUMOR!!!

BIG TIME RUMOR!!!

According to my source (my uncle) whom has inside knowledge into about half of the organizations in baseball because of his history as a mlb scout and handler for alot of dominican players in the 80's, a trade is looming. When Harang pitched on Saturday there were scouts from the Phillies, Angels, Dodgers, Rockies, Mets and Yankees in attendance. From wat my uncle says the team most interested in Harang are the New York Yankees. The Yanks happen to be one of the team my uncle has a friend on the inside. This "friend" is part of the player development organization within the frame of the Yanks. My uncle has been told that the Reds scouts were in Trenton to scout Jesus Montero, the highly touted catcher in the minor leagues. From what I'm being told the Yankees are prepared to offer CF Melky Cabrera, C Jesus Montero and SP Phil Hughes for SP Aaron Harang and a minor league OFer. The Yankees are thought to like Chris Dickerson and Drew Stubbs although it is unclear which one they would prefer. Now don't be fooled this is not the Reds selling here. My uncle informs me that people who know Walt Jocketty have been told he feels comfortable enough with our pitching to where he could get rid of Harang or Arroyo and feel we can still compete this year. But in this deal i would look for Dickerson to be dealt if anyone has to go along with Harang. They also get the sense that IF Walt ends up pulling the trigger on this deal he would be willing to deal Stubbs and Francisco along with another minor leaguer to get the bat he wants.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BIG TIME RUMOR!!!

I'll believe it when I see it, thanks for the info though.

People like to say that where there is smoke there is fire.I've seen a lot of smoke the last few weeks and still no fire.I wouldn't call the fire dept. just yet.Either way thanks for the inside rumor.

Not going to happen...we have WT in centerfield dude....

I love the trade on the Reds end. However, Phil Hughes has been dominating lately as the Yankees 8th inning guy. So, I doubt they would part with him since they were having bullpen trouble before getting to Rivera. I hope something like this does happen though.

yea but they will be gettin bullpen help back soon with guys coming off the DL and really no place for Hughes... the reason they are so high on Harang is because he is likely the 2nd best pitcher on the market behind Halladay and the Yankees dont want to pay the Blue Jays price which is Joba, Phil, Jesus Montero, a CF and a SS... to make it even more interesting word is Brian Cashman is going to look for a CF who can hit, someone like Vernon Wells

Melky isnt a CFer, and the Yankees have Austin Jackson.

I love the big time rumor though.

Also, this was in Hal McCoy's blog last night:

WE HAD ANOTHER rain delay Saturday night. What do we do?

Well, there were a dozen major-league scouts from 12 different teams and I asked several about Harang.

Some comments:

“He isn’t throwing with the same velocity.”

“His slider has flattened out. Used to be his out pitch.”

“He is relying much more on his curve than his slider.”

“He can’t put away hitters the way he used to be able to do.”

“He’s a fly ball pitcher, but he isn’t getting that many.”

“His pitches don’t have the moment they once had, they don’t sink the way they used to sink.”

I love harang but if this is possible just do it, do it, do it. He definently heading down and get something for him while you can. As much as i want to see the reds in october this year it isnt gonna happen.

I never have got the point of teams sending scouts out to watch known players for a day or two. As if sending a couple of scouts to watch a pitcher for a couple days means jack when it comes to stats and the loads of video out on the guy. Scouts can say all these want about those quotes of him losing something, but his stats don't lie. Seeing him any random start doesn't mean much compared to the entire body of work.

It seems to me teams send out scouts to almost see him live in the flesh to make sure he's real or something. As if they don't send someone out to look at him and they trade for him, all his stats and video of him pitching over the year were false and just some intricate bait and switch to screw them over in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    I never have got the point of teams sending scouts out to watch known players for a day or two. As if sending a couple of scouts to watch a pitcher for a couple days means jack when it comes to stats and the loads of video out on the guy. Scouts can say all these want about those quotes of him losing something, but his stats don't lie. Seeing him any random start doesn't mean much compared to the entire body of work.

It seems to me teams send out scouts to almost see him live in the flesh to make sure he's real or something. As if they don't send someone out to look at him and they trade for him, all his stats and video of him pitching over the year were false and just some intricate bait and switch to screw them over in a trade.
    Good post.I've never really looked at it that way because its not like Harrang is some kid from Montana that no one has ever seen but all have herd about.I suppose could they just want to make sure he is healthy.

if the yankees won't trade Hughes for Halladay, they certainly won't for Harang. Second, yankees prospects whom they trade rarely ever live up to their hype. The yankees are the last team I would want a prospect from just because the media over hypes their players.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post

ya know......I feel the exact same way....I have even told friends when sitting around talking about the reds and trying to save money....I have said more than once that they could save money by having just a few scouts and have them set up shop in the basement of GABP with an internet feed and big screen monitors....You can find video of dam near anyone these days. I understand the need to see a prospect live on occasion but not everyday....The Reds have scouts out watching players all the time.....Aaron Harang??? Come on, you are spot on with that one Louisvillcards, do the Yanks not know who Aaron is? I can spend 5 minutes on youtube and have an hour worth of video

If Walt pulls off this trade he can go back to sleep for the rest of the season. He will officially be "The Man" once again.

the yankees aren't trading hughes period! People most trades that are ''rumored'' usually don't happen. I.E.Rolen to the Reds has died off!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?