Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Willy Taveras

Willy Taveras

Don't look now but Willy Taveras' AVG is up to .250. And his OPS is creeping up over .300.

He also has looked A LOT more patient at the plate and seems to be hitting a lot more line drives and grounders.

His CF is still pretty iffy but since Bruce went down he has really stepped it up I must say.

If his OPS goes above .350 I think we all owe Willy T an apology.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Willy Taveras

I certainly hope he can get his OPS over .350

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I certainly hope he can get his OPS over .350

hehehhe...I laughed when I read that too...but I knew he meant OBP
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Seriously though hes doing better in July but he's still pretty awful even with these better numbers. Even a good taveras is a bad player.

Seriously though hes doing better in July but he's still pretty awful even with these better numbers. Even a good taveras is a bad player.
    I'd be okay with his current numbers...if he was several million $$$ cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I'd be okay with his current numbers...if he was several million $$$ cheaper.
    id be ok if he was free and didnt take a 40 man roster spot.

He would be easier to tolerate if he batted at the bottom of the order. I am sure we would not be crazy about him, but the loathing of seeing his name in the lineup would not drive us all crazy. Dusty has turned this entire city and fan base against another player for the second year in row just because he refuses to bat him where his career numbers and his seasons numbers dictate that he bat in an order. Walt needs to do something about this, especially since he helped cause this problem in the first place.

What was so ugly this series, is that Willy T erased two of his own hits by getting picked off/thrown out, whatever you want to call it because, as Brantley so well pointed out, he sucked at the decision-making process of getting a good jump.

So, his 6-14 OBP (.429) in the series became a 4-14 OBP (.286), in line with what he's done all year.

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    He would be easier to tolerate if he batted at the bottom of the order. I am sure we would not be crazy about him, but the loathing of seeing his name in the lineup would not drive us all crazy. Dusty has turned this entire city and fan base against another player for the second year in row just because he refuses to bat him where his career numbers and his seasons numbers dictate that he bat in an order. Walt needs to do something about this, especially since he helped cause this problem in the first place.
    Yes. We could all live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What was so ugly this series, is that Willy T erased two of his own hits by getting picked off/thrown out, whatever you want to call it because, as Brantley so well pointed out, he sucked at the decision-making process of getting a good jump.

So, his 6-14 OBP (.429) in the series became a 4-14 OBP (.286), in line with what he's done all year.
    The worst part is he was getting jumps so terrible it was obvious he was going to get thrown out.

He tried to steal on Parra once and he didnt take off until Parra almost had his foot down on the way to the plate.

The worst part is he was getting jumps so terrible it was obvious he was going to get thrown out.

He tried to steal on Parra once and he didnt take off until Parra almost had his foot down on the way to the plate.
    It was really ugly to watch and I appreciated Brantley's frankness about how stupid of a base-stealer Willy Taveras is. One more reason why Colorado got rid of him for absolutely nothing. "Go away, Willy T.", was Colorado's solution. Addition by subtraction.

Turn Off Ads?