Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you were GM what would you do in the next 10 days??

Re: If you were GM what would you do in the next 10 days??

Sign Joey Votto to a long term contract
    2009 Redszone MLB Mock Draft

1st Round - Steven Strasburg

1st Round - Matt Purke

2nd Round - Brett Jackson

3rd Round - Kent Matthes

2. Turn Off Ads?

I see the single biggest impediment to the Reds being a good team is the SS position. In the NL you have the pitcher sucking the offensive life out of the 9 hole and most catchers are non-hitters so if you have a non-hitting SS too, you stink 7-9.

The problem I see is there are no SS options available. 2010 FA SS stink, we have no immediately available in house options and I don't see any guys available through trade except for possibly Escobar.

So my solution is move Phillips to SS for the rest of this year. I know this has been discussed ad-nauseum but I cannot be convinced that a guy with elite range and a gold glove at 2B cannot be an average to above average SS. I mean he has to be better than Hairston. I think there are a lot more options as 2B to be had than there are SS.

So if you move Phillips to SS, sign a middle range guy like DeRosa in the off season to play 2B and maybe take a chance at a guy like Nady on the cheap coming off an injury next year you might have a lineup that looks like this.

CF Dickerson
    2B Loretta
    1B Votto
    LF Nady
    RF Bruce
    SS Phillips
    3B Encarnacion
    C Hannigan

Its a lineup that I think can score runs and should be within the Reds budget to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by BSUFB View Post
    I would just quite my job.
    If that job consists of you teaching kids how to spell I'd say go for it!

Just kidding.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Trade everyone making over 10 million.

Turn Off Ads?