Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethelisberger accused of Sexual Assault

Roethelisberger accused of Sexual Assault

Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Roethelisberger accused of Sexual Assault

I don't even need to click the link to know he's guilty. Let's hope a lifetime ban is forthcoming from Mr. Goodell.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I don't even need to click the link to know he's guilty. Let's hope a lifetime ban is forthcoming from Mr. Goodell.
    +1

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    Huh?
    He plays for the Steelers ergo he's guilty. I think WMR is being a bit facetious.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

It's important to remember this is a civil suit alleging what amounts to a criminal charge of rape in most jurisdictions. The fact that no criminal matter has been filed against Roethlisberger seems odd, if what this woman is saying is true.

Looks and sounds fishy to me.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Seems shady but just another name on the steelers long list of trouble makers.

I obviously can't speak to the merits of this specific case, but I can't say that I'm too surprised. The people that I know who are acquaintances of Roethelisberger's do not paint him in the best light.
    Go BLUE!!!

He's guilty...

In the minds of Bengals fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    He's guilty...

In the minds of Bengals fans.

Based on some of the stories I've heard at school, this doesn't surprise me at all...

The Steelers need to release him, today. There is no room for conduct like that within this division, er um, correct that, team.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Based on some of the stories I've heard at school, this doesn't surprise me at all...
    I heard stories about Ben Roethlisberger from friends at Miami who were there at the same time he was -- probably the same types of stories you heard. They weren't all that different than stories I heard about J.P. Losman when I was at Tulane or stories people told me about high-profile athletes where they went to school. I'm not shocked or surprised by any of them -- they're mostly par for the course when it comes to superstars in their early-20s.

I don't know Ben Roethlisberger, I don't know this girl. What I do know is that there have been no criminal charges filed against him, and none appear forthcoming. Given that, from my point of view, this looks and smells a lot like a money grab.

We don't have nearly enough facts to make a 100% conclusion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I heard stories about Ben Roethlisberger from friends at Miami who were there at the same time he was -- probably the same types of stories you heard. They weren't all that different than stories I heard about J.P. Losman when I was at Tulane or stories people told me about high-profile athletes where they went to school. I'm not shocked or surprised by any of them -- they're mostly par for the course when it comes to superstars in their early-20s.

I don't know Ben Roethlisberger, I don't know this girl. What I do know is that there have been no criminal charges filed against him, and none appear forthcoming. Given that, from my point of view, this looks and smells a lot like a money grab.

We don't have nearly enough facts to make a 100% conclusion, though.

Yep, Losman is an equally sketchy individual. But not all guys are like that. I went to school with Tom Brady, and I wouldn't say he's anything of the sort.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Yep, Losman is an equally sketchy individual. But not all guys are like that. I went to school with Tom Brady, and I wouldn't say he's anything of the sort.
    That's true -- Mewelde Moore was far and away the best player on those Tulane teams, and he was one of the nicest and most genuine people I met when I was in school (one of my best friends was his RA and lived in his "quad" soph. year).

What I meant was that there's a certain personality type at work with some "high-profile" athletes in college, and such behavior and stories come with the territory.

Turn Off Ads?