Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Orioles agree to move to Sarasota for ST in 2010

Orioles agree to move to Sarasota for ST in 2010

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...l-with-Orioles

I think this one is done deal. I suspect it also means the Sarasota Reds will become the Sarasota Orioles in either 2010 or 2011.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: Orioles agree to move to Sarasota for ST in 2010

Jax,

I know you have been following the spring training situation for a while now, so I will direct this question to you. How does the Orioles deal with Sarasota compare to what the Reds were offered/asked for? If this deal was offered to the Reds, would they still be in Sarasota?

Depends on when it got offered. This deal is getting done only because the City is giving the County Ed Smith Stadium so only the County is involved politically and financially.

If this had happened early in the game the Reds would have jumped on it. But in my opinion, once the Reds got mezmerized by the facilities in Az, they were looking/hoping for a way to leave.

Maybe I will go down and check out Orioles spring training next year, or some year soon. I know it was a good and smart move for the Reds, but they shut me out with it.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Have the O's been training in Arizona?

Ft. Lauderdale. Basically being squeezed out by FAA. Some of land is on airport property and rent is going up astronomically.

Turn Off Ads?