Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews videotaped in the nude through hotel peephole

Re: Erin Andrews videotaped in the nude through hotel peephole

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    No I agree with you Chip. I was questioning WMR as to why its somehow not worse to look at the tape than it is to tape it in the first place.
    You're honestly asking me the difference between looking at a video on the internet and drilling a hole in someone's wall and videotaping them in the nude? Seriously?? I bet you can come up with some key differences between those two situations on your own.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    All of a sudden?
    All of a sudden even for them.

I was researching, thats why I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    You're honestly asking me the difference between looking at a video on the internet and drilling a hole in someone's wall and videotaping them in the nude? Seriously?? I bet you can come up with some key differences between those two situations on your own.

A video on the internet that was taken without that person's permission.

Let's say someone had a camera in your bathroom that showed you unclothed (scary thought,. no doubnt) and they put it out there on the internet for everyone to see. Your friends, your family, your co-workers. Wouldn't you feel violated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

A video on the internet that was taken without that person's permission.

Let's say someone had a camera in your bathroom that showed you unclothed (scary thought,. no doubnt) and they put it out there on the internet for everyone to see. Your friends, your family, your co-workers. Wouldn't you feel violated?
    Of course. And I hope that Erin is able to make herself a few million dollars from this episode she has had to endure.

Do I think that in any way places someone who watches the video on the same level as the sinister person(s) who perpetrated this offense? Hell no.

Do I think that in any way places someone who watches the video on the same level as the sinister person(s) who perpetrated this offense? Hell no.

Sure it is. One is just a little less creepier than the other because it's basically the same thing. Only this guy had a camera at the peephole. Watching the video is basically looking in that peephole. Thare are thousands of women who are as beautiful or more beautiful than Erin Andrews that take their clothes off online for free and they are doing it on their own volition. Watch them instead of someone who didn't want to be videoed.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Sure it is. One is just a little less creepier than the other because it's basically the same thing. Only this guy had a camera at the peephole. Watching the video is basically looking in that peephole. Thare are thousands of women who are as beautiful or more beautiful than Erin Andrews that take their clothes off online for free and they are doing it on their own volition. Watch them instead of someone who didn't want to be videoed.
    Nah, disagree completely.

Millions of people have seen the images by this point ... 1 or 2 people were likely responsible for its creation.

Telling or expecting people to not watch videos on the internet is ludicrous, IMO, and likening anyone who has seen the video to the people who made the video is quite irresponsible.
    Last edited by WMR; 07-23-2009 at 01:02 PM.

It may not be as bad. It is still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It may not be as bad. It is still wrong.
    I agree with you. It's not as bad as the "filmakers" but it's not right either. At the least her privacy was invaded and the worst it was criminal. If the day ever comes that she lets everyone see her nude, via a magazine,Internet or video, then I may look. But until that time comes I will respect her privacy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

You probably have watched it or have at least tried to.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    You probably have watched it or have at least tried to.

Nope,I've not tried to find it or anything. It's up to each person's conscience on whether to seek it out and watch it and I'll leave it at that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

According to ABC News, ESPN thinks it was an inside job and is investigating accordingly.

Kinda makes sense that it could be an ESPN employee.

I've seen the video, judge me if you want.

It sure looked like to me that EA knew she was on camera. Who the hell irons in the nude? The way she acts and the way she moves looks like she knew something was up.

I could be off there, but it's JMO of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I've seen the video, judge me if you want.

It sure looked like to me that EA knew she was on camera. Who the hell irons in the nude? The way she acts and the way she moves looks like she knew something was up.

I could be off there, but it's JMO of course.
    Your opinion couldn't be any more off base, and demonstrates that one might want to think things through before hitting reply. To actually suggest that Erin Andrews knew something was up is blaming the victim, and down right insulting to her and others who have had their privacy violated.

P.S. Some folks do iron in the nude and I have no alternative motives for doing so.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nah, disagree completely.

Millions of people have seen the images by this point ... 1 or 2 people were likely responsible for its creation.

Telling or expecting people to not watch videos on the internet is ludicrous, IMO, and likening anyone who has seen the video to the people who made the video is quite irresponsible.
    So if someone taped your sister through a peephole in a hotel room without her knowledge and put it online you would have no problem with me watching the video? It wouldn't bother you that I'm getting thrills while watching your innocent sister walk around naked in a hotel room?

You can justify all you want, but watching that video is wrong.

Turn Off Ads?