Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews videotaped in the nude through hotel peephole

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Erin Andrews videotaped in the nude through hotel peephole

ESPN bans NY Post reporters over Andrews video

ESPN banned staffers from the New York Post from appearing on any of its programming on Wednesday after the newspaper published photos this week taken from a video showing sideline reporter Erin Andrews nude in a hotel room.

The Post published three images from the blurry video Tuesday.
    I'm kind of surprised the Post would publish pictures.

Then again, with journalism standards falling by the wayside lately, maybe I'm not surprised.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Sorry to say, anyone looking at the video is just as guilty as the person who taped it. It is at least an invasion of her privacy.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    ESPN bans NY Post reporters over Andrews video

I'm kind of surprised the Post would publish pictures.

Then again, with journalism standards falling by the wayside lately, maybe I'm not surprised.

It's the Post. They have no standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Sorry to say, anyone looking at the video is just as guilty as the person who taped it. It is at least an invasion of her privacy.
    +1

Bill O'Reilly showed the video last night on his show. I have to wonder if ESPN will take the same stance with Fox as they did with the Post.

http://gawker.com/5320820/pervy-fles...e-video-on+air
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I can't believe anyone would be ... ... silly enough to honestly suggest that looking at the video means that you're on the same level as the person(s) who surreptitiously filmed Ms. Andrews naked in her hotel room.

One of the more asinine things I've read in a while.

Of course, fake outrage is always fun on the internets.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Thank you. I like the female form as much as the next guy. But this is no different if you were to climb a ladder and look into a window.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bill O'Reilly showed the video last night on his show. I have to wonder if ESPN will take the same stance with Fox as they did with the Post.

http://gawker.com/5320820/pervy-fles...e-video-on+air
    Hopefully they lock O'Reilly and those NY Post reporters in the same dungeon they throw the perpetrators of the filming. They're on the same level after all.

I suspect ESPN will make themselves out to be idiots once again by the time this one is over. They are getting a little too self important all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I suspect ESPN will make themselves out to be idiots once again by the time this one is over. They are getting a little too self important all of a sudden.

All of a sudden?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I do have an amusing Erin story

A friend of mine takes his son to the NCAA opening game at UD Arena every year. Usually Erin is usually there as a sideline reporter. He and his son(age 6) were behind the basket and there were a lot of young men seated there. They would hoot and holler and yell stuff at Erin every time she went by. However, she wouldn't acknowledge them or look at them. Near the end of the game the crowd had dwindled and his son, who had said nothing to Erin the entire game, stood up on his seat and yelled "I love you Erin" as she walked by. My friend said that Erin stopped and looked and gave his son a big smile.

How is it any better WMR? What is worse about videotaping someone than looking at it.

Think of it this way, if someone were to videotape someone in her hotel room, but then never looked at the tape and burned everything associated with the recording would you be outraged?

As a consumer for the tape,(whether you pay for it or not) you are indirectly encouraging the perv to tape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    How is it any better WMR? What is worse about videotaping someone than looking at it.

Think of it this way, if someone were to videotape someone in her hotel room, but then never looked at the tape and burned everything associated with the recording would you be outraged?

As a consumer for the tape,(whether you pay for it or not) you are indirectly encouraging the perv to tape it.

It would be different if she posed for Playboy. That's her decision to show her nude body to all these people.

But this wasn't her decision. I haven't seen the video nor do I plan to but I'm guessing she was in a room with the door locked and the curtains drawn. She had an expectation of privacy just like any of us would have in our homes. If she were sunbathing on a nude beach, that'd be one thing but she didn't want anyone but her to see her body.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It would be different if she posed for Playboy. That's her decision to show her nude body to all these people.

But this wasn't her decision. I haven't seen the video nor do I plan to but I'm guessing she was in a room with the door locked and the curtains drawn. She had an expectation of privacy just like any of us would have in our homes. If she were sunbathing on a nude beach, that'd be one thing but she didn't want anyone but her to see her body.
    No I agree with you Chip. I was questioning WMR as to why its somehow not worse to look at the tape than it is to tape it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    No I agree with you Chip. I was questioning WMR as to why its somehow not worse to look at the tape than it is to tape it in the first place.

I know you were. I was just supporting your points.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?