Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews videotaped in the nude through hotel peephole

Re: Erin Andrews videotaped in the nude through hotel peephole

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    TMZ has proven that it is in fact video taken in two different hotel rooms.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/21/erin-a...eo-inside-job/
    just like they confirmed that Kimo Leopoldo was dead yesterday?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I don't know how long this topic will last on here,
    Why do people type these things?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Don't be so sure. Look what internet sex videos did for the careers of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Before this whole thing is over, everyone will know who Erin Andrews is, not just those who watch ESPN/ABC sports (or spelling bees). In the entertainment business, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
    I'm not sure Hilton and Kardashian are good comps, since their "careers" are about doing whatever it takes to get attention and they could care less who takes them seriously. I could be wrong, but I don't see that as Erin Andrews' intended career path.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I am just wondering for the people defending themselves for watching the video - if you were in a hotel and somebody was able to look through a peephole at a gorgeous woman and you were walking by and they said to you, "Dude, you've got to check out this naked chick through this hole!" Would you look?

And if you would not, how is this any different? Just asking.

And for those who think she may be in on this - how is this going to help her career? Unless you think she wants to branch out and get into movies or something, how is this going to help? She is already ESPN's top dog at sideline reporting, so she is set there. I really can only see this as hurting her in her current profession, so again, unless you think she wants out and into the movie/TV show business I just don't see it.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I am just wondering for the people defending themselves for watching the video - if you were in a hotel and somebody was able to look through a peephole at a gorgeous woman and you were walking by and they said to you, "Dude, you've got to check out this naked chick through this hole!" Would you look?

And if you would not, how is this any different? Just asking.

And for those who think she may be in on this - how is this going to help her career? Unless you think she wants to branch out and get into movies or something, how is this going to help? She is already ESPN's top dog at sideline reporting, so she is set there. I really can only see this as hurting her in her current profession, so again, unless you think she wants out and into the movie/TV show business I just don't see it.
    I guess if you think her intended profession involves being hot, you might think its a good career move. On the other hand, if you believe she works for ESPN because she wishes to be a serious sports journalist/media professional, then I can't see how you could believe this is an intentional career move at all.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I guess if you think her intended profession involves being hot, you might think its a good career move. On the other hand, if you believe she works for ESPN because she wishes to be a serious sports journalist/media professional, then I can't see how you could believe this is an intentional career move at all.

Which do you think it is? Do you think she has that job absent her appearance?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If she used her looks to get ahead, more power to her. Use it while you can.

One female sports writer was on the radio yesterday and blamed the whole thing on Erin, saying she dresses "provocatively" and brought it on herself. I have seen a lot of her on TV, and I've seen her a few times in person at different sporting events, and I've never seen anything wrong with the way she dresses. She dresses well, sure, but nothing over the line. I've never seen her out there struting around in mini skirts, or tops with clevage hanging out. What do they want her to wear, a black trash bag with some duct tape to hold it up?

Could just be my male opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Should it matter? The folks at ESPN probably took her looks into consideration, but I think the important factor to consider is whether she takes her job seriously.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    If she used her looks to get ahead, more power to her. Use it while you can.

One female sports writer was on the radio yesterday and blamed the whole thing on Erin, saying she dresses "provocatively" and brought it on herself. I have seen a lot of her on TV, and I've seen her a few times in person at different sporting events, and I've never seen anything wrong with the way she dresses. She dresses well, sure, but nothing over the line. I've never seen her out there struting around in mini skirts, or tops with clevage hanging out. What do they want her to wear, a black trash bag with some duct tape to hold it up?

Could just be my male opinion of course.
    http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/...straction.html

http://jezebel.com/5034377/espn-repo...in-locker-room

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articl...rewsreact.html

http://deadspin.com/5032584/the-erin...rom-all-angles

http://deadspin.com/5031564/the-erin...icially-beguns
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    She's wearing a dress, get real. I've seen women wear similar dresses in an office environment.

That is hardly skanky or out of line.
    I'm just pointing out the comments where those who were present stated their feelings on the subject.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Still haven't seen it.

That's a bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think people are confusing "journalist" with "sideline reporter".

Sideline reporter is one of the easiest professions in the media, you ask the same cliche questions day after day and occasionally say a couple sentences in the middle of the game. She got the job because of looks foremost and her sports knowledge second.

That doesn't really matter though, it has nothing to do with the tape and whether watching it makes you guilty or not. I'll go right ahead and say I watched it, as I'm sure every other 18 year old male did. Still, I can't say this is the same as being the one who made the actual tape.

When you buy something from a company that pays kids 10 cents a day to make shoes or other products, are you just as guilty as the company since you bought the product?

You could argue that those people are worse than the ones who watched the Erin Andrews tape, at least she is being paid well. We just don't like to talk about that since it happens all the time and we as a society have accepted that as ok while nudity is still taboo.

I don't think people have a problem with nudity, MJA. We have a problem with purposefully clicking on a link that is sure to show someone who does not know they're being recorded.

Think of it this way-- if you did it in person, would it be crime?

In this case, the answer is easy. Yes.

And I'm not talking about "role playing" or any of that other stuff. Those girls are "acting" and accept that they're selling a product. Andrews was selling nothing in her hotel room. She was simply a victim.

That's my problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJA View Post
    I think people are confusing "journalist" with "sideline reporter".

Sideline reporter is one of the easiest professions in the media, you ask the same cliche questions day after day and occasionally say a couple sentences in the middle of the game. She got the job because of looks foremost and her sports knowledge second.
    People seeking a job in tv sports journalism have to start somewhere. You don't get to start out behind the desk or in the booth. You have to cut your teeth on the sidelines and doing features first. It's not unlike the newbie on the evening news having to start out on puff pieces until they can move up to more serious stuff and then weekend anchor. In Ms. Andrews case, she comes from a journalist family, with her father being a long time investigative reporter for a TV station in Tampa. Also, she's probably been offered substantial money from Playboy, having won their "America's Sexiest Sportscaster" vote two years in a row. The fact she hasn't taken it should tell you where her heart lies. The fact that she's often limited to the cliches that other sideline reporters use is more likely the nature of the business. If a sideline reporter gets too tough on these guys, they risk being frozen out, which would be disastrous for a sideline reporter.

Turn Off Ads?