Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fay's Trade Candidates

Fay's Trade Candidates

Nothing shocking, although he says he would be "stunned" if Phillips is traded and includes Hairston on the list of those being shopped.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

My favorite Fayline is this gem:

The name out there on the rumor mill that I think would be a good fit for the Reds is Toronto's Marco Scutaro. He's having a career year at 33. But he's cheap and could fill in at shortstop next year until the Reds find a long-term solution. He also can play second, third, outfield. He's a free agent after the season.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Fay's Trade Candidates

If he's a FA after the season, how will he fill in next year?

I doubt he would look for a one year deal.

I think Fay has been drinking the Kool Aide again. He could very well be so depressed having to follow the Reds, he is in La La Land and really does not even know his real name.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If he's a FA after the season, how will he fill in next year?

I doubt he would look for a one year deal.
    That was my point
    Go BLUE!!!

But given the way Micah Owings and Homer Bailey pitched the last two nights the Reds might want ot hang on to both Arroyo and Harang.
    Yes, would hate for anyone to think this team is actually out of the race.

And in other news, the Reds are rebuilding and thinking about next year. PS this was said around 1996. It seems like a record skipping over and over and over and over. It is like the movie Groundhog day. The same thing happens over and over. I wonder when the Reds will finally live the day again and realize how to get out of the day, wake up and move on.......
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexad View Post
    And in other news, the Reds are rebuilding and thinking about next year. PS this was said around 1996. It seems like a record skipping over and over and over and over. It is like the movie Groundhog day. The same thing happens over and over. I wonder when the Reds will finally live the day again and realize how to get out of the day, wake up and move on.......
    The problem is, no one GM has actually committed to building for the future and been kept around long enough to see that plan through.

The one year the Reds really sold off was when they were between GM's, traded their most productive player, and landed an ace. Having a GM who doesn't fear for fan backlash can be a very empowering thing.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I still think this team should be Buyers.. they are still only 5.5 games back to start the day and that has been the same for almost a week now. This team finishes the season facing the Division leading Cardinals and if they can add some power to this line-up they can make some ground up.

This team is really bad, and has been playing really, really, really bad for awhile now.

I have no interest in buying if the focus is on this year. This team is just nowhere close to respectability right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    The one year the Reds really sold off was when they were between GM's, traded their most productive player, and landed an ace. Having a GM who doesn't fear for fan backlash can be a very empowering thing.
    Harang developed into that, but he was by no means projected to be a top of the rotation pitcher when the deal was made and Guillen was clearly going to be an expensive free agent. Joe Valentine was supposed to be the stud of that deal, with Harang a major league ready middling at best starter. I still remember being pleasantly surprised the first time I saw Harang pitch after the dreck we had been watching for a few years, but I wouldn't say that was a bold and powerful move. It was a move of "get something for a free agent to be."

Any and all moves must be done with 2010-11-12 in mind.

If it happens to help 2009, bonus.

I'm still hopeful for that Walt/Big Mac type deal, if it's possible for one man to do the same trick twice.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Retired

The Reds motto should be "rebuilding for the year that never comes".

We've heard this same crap for years, after hearing it for so long it doesn't mean much anymore. My main complaint, Walt hasn't done much of anything. He hasn't made any real commitment to either rebuilding, or building with free agents. The Reds punted this past off seasons and did nothing when everyone predicted this team was going to struggle scoring runs. I expect more of the same going into the deadline, which is to say.........nothing will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Any and all moves must be done with 2010-11-12 in mind.

If it happens to help 2009, bonus.

I'm still hopeful for that Walt/Big Mac type deal, if it's possible for one man to do the same trick twice.
    And then next year they must be done with 2011-12-13 in mind. And the year after that, 2012-13-14. And the year after that...well, maybe we'll get lucky and the Mayans will be right.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    I still think this team should be Buyers.. they are still only 5.5 games back to start the day and that has been the same for almost a week now. This team finishes the season facing the Division leading Cardinals and if they can add some power to this line-up they can make some ground up.
    You're not living in the real world. You're underestimating just how bad this team really is. They're two games better than the Pirates. At the end of the year you'll see that our Reds were never just a trade or two away from winning the division.

Turn Off Ads?