Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont look now but last years team...

Re: Dont look now but last years team...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    We're 3-7 over our last 10, and 3 of the 4 ahead of us are 7-3. They had a 4 game swing over us, and we are only 6 games out. One SMALL hot streak and we're back in the thick of things. We are no means "done" yet.
    We sweep the the padres series and we are back in it! That is ofcourse assuming we don't get swept by the Cubbies.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy View Post
    We sweep the the padres series and we are back in it! That is ofcourse assuming we don't get swept by the Cubbies.
    or the padres again

I can't understand how anyone can think that this team can get back into it.I hope they can but I think it is close to impossible.The Cards keep getting better and our only hope imo was to win the Central.What have we done to get better?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    IWhat have we done to get better?
    Not one dang thing.....yet. I have faith in the FO to get us what we need. There is no reason for anyone to give up yet. We're going to be in the thick of things come September, and you can mark that one up in the books too. I believe it wholeheartedly that we will have a shot at October THIS year.
    Let's make some noise!

Not one dang thing.....yet. I have faith in the FO to get us what we need. There is no reason for anyone to give up yet. We're going to be in the thick of things come September, and you can mark that one up in the books too. I believe it wholeheartedly that we will have a shot at October THIS year.
    Going from 6 games over .500 in May to 7 games under .500 in July is a pretty good reason to give up.I like your optimism though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I can't understand how anyone can think that this team can get back into it.I hope they can but I think it is close to impossible.The Cards keep getting better and our only hope imo was to win the Central.What have we done to get better?
    We do still have 6 games vs. the Cardinals.

I think they could get back into it but its going to take some gigantic leaps and some huge overproduction from phillips, Edwin, Votto, and lights out pitching from Cueto, Harang, Arroyo, and Volquez if he returns this year. Instead we are likely to see way too much Taveras, Gonzalez, and one of the Nix/Gomes/Dickerson completely falling on their face and playing way too much. Plus other things.

They have a chance but they are about as dead as you could get imo also.
    Last edited by GIDP; 07-25-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    or the padres again
    Oh yeah... i almost forgot about that series.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Stat geek...and proud

You're completely delusional. I love your enthusiasm though.

Gotta love the liquid lunch!

I guess the biggest reason I believe in this team is because my two other favorite pro teams made the playoffs after starting mediocre, and no one even thought they'd make it either. (Miami Dolphins, and the Blue Jackets.) I just want it to happen so bad. But it really only take a little streak to get the players believing in themselves again and then getting a bigger hot streak started.
    Let's make some noise!

It's hard to say this without sounding like a jerk (although I am a huge one), but anybody who was tricked into being excited for "small ball" this year and didn't see this coming (laction at the plate) should be taken out back.

If we can somehow get to within 5 games of 1st place by the end of the month, then MAYBE we have a chance, but 5th place teams don't jump over 4 other teams in the span of 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    It's hard to say this without sounding like a jerk (although I am a huge one), but anybody who was tricked into being excited for "small ball" this year and didn't see this coming (laction at the plate) should be taken out back.
    So true. It's like thinking WT would actually become a good player all of a sudden. Or that Dusty would become a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    difference between small ball and totally miniature, tiny, almost not even there ball.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?