Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton: Man of God?

Josh Hamilton: Man of God?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Josh Hamilton: Man of God?

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The first couple photos made it look like he was sniffing something off the girl's boobs...

glad to see it was just whipped cream.

this is very sad and I feel so sorry for his wife

Hopefully these are pre-recovery, there isn't any proof of the date of these photos at all. Just a thought.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

I don't know what Katie looks like, do we know she's not one of these women? I'll assume not,but still.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Hopefully these are pre-recovery, there isn't any proof of the date of these photos at all. Just a thought.
    They claim you can see Al Leiter on the MLB network behind him in the photos in which case it would have to be after Jan 1 '09 when they debut it. I couldn't make it out as Leiter but I did make out what appears to be an MLB logo above Leiter in the pic. If it's not photoshopped by someone trying to make a quick buck (and if it is Josh needs to sue deadspin and hit them hard) then I feel for him and his family. Some people just never make it back and stay for very long.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

If these pics are real, and everybody's favorite Narron says they are fake, then I feel awful for his wife and his family. Not so much for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    They claim you can see Al Leiter on the MLB network behind him in the photos in which case it would have to be after Jan 1 '09 when they debut it. I couldn't make it out as Leiter but I did make out what appears to be an MLB logo above Leiter in the pic. If it's not photoshopped by someone trying to make a quick buck (and if it is Josh needs to sue deadspin and hit them hard) then I feel for him and his family. Some people just never make it back and stay for very long.
    Obviously that is Hamilton having fun with some ladies, but the question is when were they taken?

They could be 100% authentic, but putting in an image on a TV screen is about one of the easiest Photoshop moves there is, especially with a dark background. I am not very good at Photoshop and I could have done that in around 20 minutes.

And just in my opinion, but there is nothing that he is doing in those pictures that would classify him as either a Man of God, or not a Man of God. Many great Men of God have done far worse, and were still Men of God.

Not saying what he did was right, clearly if taken after his marriage, they are very wrong, but just not a horrible sin that questions his religious veracity.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

If it is true, it's sad. However, just because someone is on the wagon, doesn't mean they will never fall off. It doesn't mean they are a bad person or a hypocrite, it just means they are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If it is true, it's sad. However, just because someone is on the wagon, doesn't mean they will never fall off. It doesn't mean they are a bad person or a hypocrite, it just means they are human.
    In the Old Testament David is referred to as a man "after God's own heart, " and yet David committed adultery and murder.
    I hope the photos are either fake or were taken before Josh's recovery, but, yes, he is human. The only way to be certain you will never be called a hypocrite is never to take a stand for anthing good.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

i think the photos are absolutely real...there's no denying that. the question is when they were taken. but either way, i doubt any sane woman/wife would want her husband out posing in pictures like these. and that goes for men too. i doubt any husband would want their wives posing in pictures like these as well.

As the title implies, this has nothing to do with baseball and the debate is nothing but tabloid discussion. This seems to be Peanut Gallery material, where a real discussion on the title could take place, if some feel the need to do so.

I agree TR. I don't think it is possible, or fair to expect people to be able to maintain the forum standards in this thread. I'm going to preemptively close it.

Turn Off Ads?