Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help ASAP

Re: Need Help ASAP

I wouldn't be so sure about not paying child support. I know a couple of guys who went the DNA route and found out the kid wasn't theirs, and still had to pay child support. It is a cruel world out there.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about not paying child support. I know a couple of guys who went the DNA route and found out the kid wasn't theirs, and still had to pay child support. It is a cruel world out there.
    What?

Wow. That sucks, man. Wish I could help out. My best advice is to just move on with life. Go somewhere else if it is an option. Find a new hobby or something. Start completely over.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    It's true, if you acknowledge paternity, only to find out later that the child isn't yours, you're still stuck paying.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Not in Kentucky. The only way I could see that as a possibility would be acknowldging paternity AFTER she told you it wasn't yours. Or perhaps an adoption thing?

Otherwise, your friends have some pretty seriously bad attorneys.

no not true... i found out i can sign my legal rights as a father over which i would only do if the baby isnt mine which we are going to get the legal dna test done... then they will have to take me 2 court , which they will do, to take my name off birth certificate but as long as i give up my rights and name is off birth certificate i will not have to pay child support

o and just found out she cheated on me from nov. 2008 to feb. 2009 as well hahaha wow it jus gets better and better

Without knowing any real specifics beyond what you have typed here, it looks to me like finding out this child isn't yours will be the best thing that ever happened to you in the long run. Sounds like this girl is pretty much a tramp.

Whoever said join the millitary is on the money. Depending on what job you pick you could be receiving some really good state of the art training. Plus they are paying a ton of money for college in exchange for your service. I joined back in 1991 and while I didn't love all the aspects of the life I am forever grateful for the lessons it taught me and the maturity it gave me. I would highly consider the Navy or the Air Force as they are on the cutting edge of new technology.

As far as her cheating goes I am sure in looking back at your relationship you will see lots of red flags and trouble spots between the two of you. Take this time of reflection to work on you and square your future away. Good luck and keep us posted.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

travis,

I know this is a tough time for you, but you have a couple of decisions to make. The first is to get another DNA test, a legal one. Determine with absolute certainty that you are or are not the father. If you aren't, talk to the real father. That's going to be tough, but you have an emotional investment in this child. Determine as quick as you can if he wants responsibility. If he does, shake his hand and move on.

If he doesn't, based on what you have said about the mother, you owe it to the child to make sure she is removed from the kid's life. I had to do this to my sister with two of her kids. It was hard, but the best thing for my niece and nephew. She sounds unfit, and those kids will suffer for it. I know this from a ton of experience growing up with an unfit parent. All my mom ever wanted to do was sleep all day party and do drugs all night. Her lifestyle ruined both my brothers and my sister. That I have never taken a drug was due to the fact that someone had to take care of our family.

Don't walk away if you know this will happen to the child you have been caring for.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

a court date has been set for sept. 13th to establish legal paternity (DNA test) and she is tramp and he is saying he will take responsibility but really who knows

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post
    a court date has been set for sept. 13th to establish legal paternity (DNA test) and she is tramp and he is saying he will take responsibility but really who knows
    Good luck man. I think you've gotten some great advice here.

Take some time to grieve over this. You need that. Just don't make the mistake of trying to salvage anything.

You might want to take advantage of this situation to move to a new city and start a new life, unless the rest of your family is in the Cincinnati area.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Have you looked for jobs here?

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/jjj/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Convergys in Erlanger, KY is always hiring.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

She's the other fella's problem now. He's stuck with all of that garbage, and you're young and free. Think about the possibilities.

You will be glad this all happened in year's time. Bank on it.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?