Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jocketty: There was Interest in Bringing Back Adam Dunn Last Year

Re: Jocketty: Interest In Bringing Back Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    It doesn't really say the Reds are at all talking about bringing Dunn back.
    2009 is finished

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jocketty: There was Interest in Bringing Back Adam Dunn Last Year

How many times has a Dunn thread crashed RZ now? It's gotta be a record or something.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

This can be resolved simply and without drama.

"Jocketty said last year"

If you've been on RedsZone since last offseason, all you need to know is in that 4 word quote from the article. The quote was prior to the spending freeze. The interest in Dunn or any big-money FA evaporated after it was imposed. The Reds haven't added a big salary since the spending freeze went into effect and there has been no indication it has been lifted.
    /r/reds

I'm sorry, but I think the mods need to talk to Jocketty about this. There are already about 100 Dunn-related threads he could have posted this on.

Window dressing at its finest. He isn't going to say we wanted to rid ourselves of Dunn. He did the politically correct thing in saying there was interest in resigning him.

I'm already sick of this thread. This really doesn't even need to be discussed anymore than it has.

I listened to Walt several times LAST SEASON, during pre-game interviews, talk about wanting to retain Dunn, and that if they let him go they'd just have to replace him, as far as his offensive production. He made it sound like they were really going to make an effort to resign Dunn IMO.

Well....they let him go. Still waiting the latter half of it to be fulfilled.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

San Francisco is the most interested in obtaining Dunn who is among the league leaders in home runs and RBIs.
    Why the Giants didn't sign him in the winter remains a mystery to me. That club ought to be desperate for a guy with Dunn's offensive talents.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Why the Giants didn't sign him in the winter remains a mystery to me. That club ought to be desperate for a guy with Dunn's offensive talents.
    They still owe Zito 10 kabillion dollars.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Maybe they were scared of watching him play in that outfield.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I doubt that bothers them considering the Barry Bonds statue played a few seasons out there.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Dunn's D in LF was not that bad. Average to below-average and very tolerable considering his offensive production.

Let's keep talking about Adam Dunn while the Cardinals go out and get Matt Holliday.
    Go BLUE!!!

Re: Jocketty: Interest In Bringing Back Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Tabloid journalism at it's finest. Like mth123 touched on, for Jocketty to say that he was interested in any specific player that is currently on another teams roster would be tampering. You can rip him all you want but I don't think he's that stupid.
    Sleep deprived late night posting at it's finest. I thought I saw something that wasn't there...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    They should be scared of that weenie offense. Plus, they could play him at 1B. No one's going to weep over the benching of Travis Ishikawa.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

They should be scared of that weenie offense. Plus, they could play him at 1B. No one's going to weep over the benching of Travis Ishikawa.
    Except for maybe Travis Ishikawa
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?