Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Listening on "About Everyone"

Reds Listening on "About Everyone"

One scout familiar with the Reds said they "are listening on about everyone."
    MLBTR
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Listening on "About Everyone"

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    MLBTR
    "One scout said the Reds are listening to any offers on guys on their AAA team that is masquerading as a MLB team."

Aside from Cueto, Bruce, Votto, Phillips, and Volquez, this team has no major assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    "One scout said the Reds are listening to any offers on guys on their AAA team that is masquerading as a MLB team."

Aside from Cueto, Bruce, Votto, Phillips, and Volquez, this team has no major assets.
    Shouldn't be "their MLB team masquerading as a AAA team"?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I'd say Hannigan for a rookie might be a keeper. HE can hit and great defense. He's a keeper. You could probably throw some relievers in there as far as trade value - not so much the future.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

So true. We might make some trades but I'm not expecting much in return. All of our trading chips are old, declining, and overpaid. One of the above would net a nice return but are likely untouchable (for obvious reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    So true. We might make some trades but I'm not expecting much in return. All of our trading chips are old, declining, and overpaid. One of the above would net a nice return but are likely untouchable (for obvious reasons).
    There are two types of trades to expect.

1-Trade of veterans for salary relief. Not much player return. David Weathers seems to be the most likely to go, I thought the Reds were showcasing him in Los Angeles. But trading the highly paid vets will not bring you very good players or prospects, just payroll flexibility.

2-Trade of kids for veterans. The Reds have a lot of prospects to trade and they are valuable. Reds would need to be willing to take on salary for this to happen. They would have to shoot pretty high because you don't want to give away good prospects for medium level vets.

My guess is that this trade deadline we will see the first type of trade --- veterans for salary relief.

My guess is that the offseason will bring trades of kids for veterans because the FO will not be able to stand the pressure of constant losing at the major league level. And the FO would be right to add some top notch veterans because most fans aren't that interested in AA progress.

I expect Weathers to be traded to Texas and Rhodes traded to Boston or LA.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I expect Weathers to be traded to Texas and Rhodes traded to Boston or LA.

Could be. But for the Reds to be successful "sellers" they have to get rid of one major contract. Arroyo or Harang most likely. Or, sadly in my view, Cordero.

If the Reds could move Arroyo, Cordero & Weathers for value I would consider the trade deadline a big plus.

Kc61 - i agree with you. ideally the Reds move vets and salary off the books now. then they could have money to either sign free agents or take on contracts this offseason. then they could also trade some of the plethora of 'B' & 'C' prospects for vets this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    If the Reds could move Arroyo, Cordero & Weathers for value I would consider the trade deadline a big plus.

Kc61 - i agree with you. ideally the Reds move vets and salary off the books now. then they could have money to either sign free agents or take on contracts this offseason. then they could also trade some of the plethora of 'B' & 'C' prospects for vets this offseason.
    PAYFLEX to the rescue!

We've heard that before.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

So we get one report that Walt's really out there "making things happen" to land us Hallady, and now this one saying the team is up for sale.

I know which one I believe.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

We've had a few epic "Jocketty" threads since he took over. Now is probably the time to see what he's made of.....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    We've had a few epic "Jocketty" threads since he took over. Now is probably the time to see what he's made of.....
    He said last night that he's working on some deals or a deal. He's got 6 days to get whatever it is. He said a "bat." Brandon Phillips and Bob Miller told me in March that the Reds don't need a "bat." I bet he is singing a different tune now.

Who is that bat? What impact bats are left that are available?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

He said last night that he's working on some deals or a deal. He's got 6 days to get whatever it is. He said a "bat." Brandon Phillips and Bob Miller told me in March that the Reds don't need a "bat." I bet he is singing a different tune now.

Is he looking for a bat to try and salvage '09 or is he looking for one that would be around a while?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

It would be correct that they don't need a bat. They need bats, up and down the lineup. They have a #3 hitter and a collection of lower in the order junk. Turning over position players in order to get better is going to be a challenge, esp. without giving away any gains on the pitching staff, which is currently looking equally putrid.

Turn Off Ads?