Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Whats it like to be a owner?

Whats it like to be a owner?

How much money do these guys have?How many other businesses do they own?How much money do these other businesses earn them every year?I imagine the answer to these questions would leave us asking why they don't do more with what IMO is probably a passion/hobby/game for them.Or do I have the wrong idea and do these guys only buy a team of guys playing a game just as a investment.

I guess it is possible that they look at it as a business and it is priority #1 to make money.I also would guess that there are much more profitable ventures that cost a lot less money then buying a professional sports franchise.It seems like to me that there are owners of franchises that care about nothing more then winning and doing it at all cost.Is the Reds owner loaded enough to do this at all cost?Maybe Mark Cuban would be a good owner.Maybe he wouldn't be for reasons that I don't understand.

I know that's a lot of questions but I'd imagine there is a book or article that can shed some light on this topic of owners,their money and their agendas.If anyone knows where I could find these answers please give me a link or title.Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Whats it like to be a owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Whats it like to be an owner of a small market team that loses every year but turns a nice profit?

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: Whats it like to be a owner?

The thing that gets me is how many of them are content to simply run teams as a bottom-line business. If I was blessed to have the business savvy that these guys have, my competitive pride would make it impossible for me to sit back and watch the Reds field a team like they have right now.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?