Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolen Talks Revived

Re: Rolen Talks Revived

Rolen for 11 mil next year is alot for someone that is basicly a 810ish OPS guy the last four years.

With a bad back.

It sounds exactly like something the Reds would do.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Third base may not be the biggest problem on this team, but if someone is willing to take EEE, then I am all for it. 100%. Who else would want EEE other than Toronto??? Even if it means taking on Rolen and his 34-year-old not-so-healthy back that has caused him to cut down on his swing and become a singles hitter. To see EEE 'get the hell out of Dodge' would probably rank in my top five all-time Reds' memories. I've been a big Reds fan since 1964 and there has not been a Reds' player I've despised more than EEE.

Rolen for EdE (+)? :thumbdown Three years ago? Sign me up. A one year (+) bridge to Frazier or Francisco doesn't sound that bad at first glance, but then you start thinking what else could the $11M be ear-marked for? What who else might EdE fetch in a deal? What are the chances of a 35yo Rolen staying healthy for all of 2010?

I'd pass, but this is just the kind of disjointed, poorly-conceived, pointless move I've come to expect. Improve the team now - I'm all for it, but make a deal with some future also!

I'm all for getting Edwin a change of scenery, but surely there's another deal. Does Frisco still want him?
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-25-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LINEDRIVER View Post
    Third base may not be the biggest problem on this team, but if someone is willing to take EEE, then I am all for it. 100%. Who else would want EEE other than Toronto??? Even if it means taking on Rolen and his 34-year-old not-so-healthy back that has caused him to cut down on his swing and become a singles hitter. To see EEE 'get the hell out of Dodge' would probably rank in my top five all-time Reds' memories. I've been a big Reds fan since 1964 and there has not been a Reds' player I've despised more than EEE.
    Probably a lot of teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

His lapses in the field and in the batter's box would not be tolerated by most other teams. He would be booed off the field in many big league cities.

He would have to become a left fielder to have a chance.
    Last edited by LINEDRIVER; 07-25-2009 at 10:41 PM.

His lapses in the field and in the batter's box would not be tolerated by most other teams. He would be booed off the field in many big league cities.
    Maybe. Then he could sit on the end of the bench with the $11 Million DL guys.

I don't mind the Reds dealing EdE. I want no part of Rolen. Sadly, the drop-off from EdE to other in house options is huge.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Perhaps Jocketty is ALSO looking to fill a major void on this team known as clubhouse leadership.

You exaggerate. He really hasn't been that bad in the field this year, and he's been more than adequate with the bat since coming off the DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Perhaps Jocketty is ALSO looking to fill a major void on this team known as clubhouse leadership.
    I'd rather he fill the void of talent first. Let Dusty handle the "leadership" part. it's his primary skill.

Senor Votto

I doubt his bat is good enough for left field honestly.

I have a feeling that Rolen is being targeted because the team needs a "veteran leader". This team is a collection of the young, unproven, and never were. I don't think any of the older pitchers are the kind of personality they are looking for, and besides during game situations the older bullpen guys are, not in the dugout. There seems to be a cry for the Reds to add veteran leadership, I think this is just an extension of that.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I hope so. I hope he gets it from some one likely to perform on the field. They already have $4 Million Manager who doesn't play in any games, eating up the budget and doesn't seem to be able to provide it. I don't see the need to add an $11 Million DL guy to the mix.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Maybe he is, I hope not. I hope he's looking for young talented players.

Leadership + scrappy players=Cincy lovefest.

Find a scrappy leader and he could print money out of his basement.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I have a feeling that Rolen is being targeted because the team needs a "veteran leader".
    That may be but Rolen has a reputation for being very quiet. Doesn't mean he can't be a leader but many fans look for that in your face rah rah guy to be a leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?