Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saturday 7/25/09 Minor League Updates

Re: Saturday 7/25/09 Minor League Updates

Yorman is the youngest player in the Pioneer League by nearly a full year. There are only a hand full of guys that were born in 1991 in the league and Y-Rod was born in '92.

2. Turn Off Ads?

and he just homered... solid debut for the young Y-Rod.

Crazy thing about 'ole Yorman making it to Billings. I was just thinking over the last few days that this kid could realistically be in Billings next season and be in Dayton OF next year by years end (@17). And now he goes and moves that timeline up on me. He could be (a bit of a stretch but) could be in the Futures game next year. This kid just moved up my own personal list a bit.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    and he just homered... solid debut for the young Y-Rod.
    Dang! Any chance he starts next year in Dayton - at least til the short-season leagues start? I'm shocked he didn't finish he year in the GCL also. Was that his first pro HR?

How was C Mark Fleury ranked defensively going into the draft?

I am asking because he gave up his 8th Passed Ball Saturday

Im not blaming him 100% for all of the passed balls because he is new at working with all of these pitchers but something must something wrong in regards to his communication with the pitchers in terms of signals for pitches, his game calling or something else that I haven't mentioned

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    How was C Mark Fleury ranked defensively going into the draft?

I am asking because he gave up his 8th Passed Ball Saturday

Im not blaming him 100% for all of the passed balls because he is new at working with all of these pitchers but something must something wrong in regards to his communication with the pitchers in terms of signals for pitches, his game calling or something else that I haven't mentioned

Anyone else have any thoughts?
    Not saying 8 PBs is OK, but I can be pretty forgiving with a guy in his first season of Rookie ball - not too worried unless it continues into next year.

He's supposed to be solid behind the plate, and have a strong throwing arm.

Turn Off Ads?