Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dustys reaction to the Taveras Dickerson play

Dustys reaction to the Taveras Dickerson play

“That was a ball in no man’s land,” Baker said. “There’s a certain area like that here. Those are balls when it goes up nobody can really call it. You couldn’t have thrown that ball to a better spot.

“It’s situation where you can’t really call it. If you do you can’t hear it with the crowd noise. It was a bad break for us and good break for them.”

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/media...ent_id=5726473

No man land yet 2 players were with in 2 inches from the ball, and 1 was jogging. What ever Dusty.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dustys reaction to the Taveras Dickerson play

No mans land hes got to be joking. eEither Taveras or Dickerson could have caught the ball if they would had stuck their gloves out. This is part of the reason why the whole coaching staff along with Dusty needs to be replaced.

dusty just doesnt wanna rip into his boy willy. how about ripping him for at least jogging once it did pass the fielders?

how pissed is BPhil right now if he is reading that?

One of either Taveras or Dickerson should have made that catch....plain and simple no excuses.....I've never really been one to complain about Baker but thats one ridiculous comment that the ball was in no mans land....This is just another reason in the books why the Reds continue to SUCK.....

I mean the guy is just a moron. He is a disgrace to the Cincinnati Reds franchise. Fire him already so we can move on to greener pastures.

It gets clearer and clearer that Dusty was the one who wanted Willy on the team. When the trade was made, Dusty talked about his need for a speed player at the top of the line-up and how Willy fit that need, and Dusty made up some wildly incorrect stats about all the doubles and triples Willy had supposedly hit last season. Now that Willy has been the worst regular starting player in MLB for more than half a season, Dusty is desperate, in my opinion, for this move not to end up turning out as badly as his move to bring Corey Patterson to the Reds last year. He will defend Willy no matter what because in doing so he's defending himself.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Each time Dusty opens his mouth crap falls out. Disgusting.
    Last edited by texasdave; 07-26-2009 at 11:11 AM.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Dusty: It is hard to run fast after a ball in no-man's land. You never know what kind of dangers you may encounter. I am glad Willy tip-toed after the ball and came out alive. Whew. Pass the toothpicks, please.

Taveras in the line up today. I'm guessing he just hasnt been told enough, or had the media question his lack of effort enough yet for Dusty to be forced to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    I mean the guy is just a moron. He is a disgrace to the Cincinnati Reds franchise. Fire him already so we can move on to greener pastures.
    At this point is it really possible to disgrace this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Each time Dusty opens his mouth crap falls out. Disgusting.
    Ha Ha no truer words have ever been spoken. Dusty is an idiot. He is just dumb. He doesn't recognize the difference between good and bad players and where to play them or bat them. He ruins pitchers and kills kittens.

Jocketty is also to blame for giving WT to Dusty.

I've always heard that in the case of doubt the centerfield controls the outfield. He is supposed to take everything he can get to. Of course, that doen't pertain to Ryan Freel who would run guys over.

Taveras is just a bad centerfielder. He has the same problems he had in Houston. He either doesn't pick up the ball off the bat or he isn't paying attention. I believe I've seen him turm the wrong way twice this year. On one play he turned three times and the ball still went over the wrong shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I've always heard that in the case of doubt the centerfield controls the outfield. He is supposed to take everything he can get to. Of course, that doen't pertain to Ryan Freel who would run guys over.

Taveras is just a bad centerfielder. He has the same problems he had in Houston. He either doesn't pick up the ball off the bat or he isn't paying attention. I believe I've seen him turm the wrong way twice this year. On one play he turned three times and the ball still went over the wrong shoulder.
    its like little kids baseball, kids start looking up in the sky at the clouds, chasing butterflies around. taveras is terrible, walt needs to cut his losses. just acknowledge it was a terrible signing, DFA him and move on.

Willie T. takes bumblebee-like routes to fly balls...He might be the worst judge of a fly ball in the history of MLB>.

Turn Off Ads?