Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play at the Plate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Play at the Plate

That was the final nail in the proverbial coffin. What a horrible call thumbdown:thumbdown and an absolute disastrous turn around for a team already spiraling.

Let's get ready for 2010 now Walt.

Nothing left to say...

...but Who Dey!

Re: Play at the Plate

Why send him there? You are still down a run even if he scores. I thought it was a bad decision by Berry. One of many this year in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sammonator View Post
    Why send him there? You are still down a run even if he scores. I thought it was a bad decision by Berry. One of many this year in my opinion.
    Because guys on 2nd dont always score on hits.

Berry makes alot of mistakes but that wasnt a bad decision. He was the safe by a mile and laz diaz should be embrassed for making a such a bad call

Unfortunately I think you're right. I have never seen a team that doesn't make any breaks and doesn't get any breaks. How many bloops and bleeders fell in for the Brewers in that series and in this past series with the Cubs?

How many great efforts like Dickerson (today) and Nix in the Dodgers series are not rewarded and go the other way? And then of course bad calls are going to go against you.

Terrible call at the plate. I have never seen a worse year for umpires. May have not have not made a difference in the game, but still makes this current stretch of baseball by the Reds that much more frustrating.

Bad teams don't get the breaks. Maybe if Encarnacion wasn't looking back, he could've scored. He didn't need to keep turning his head.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Bad teams don't get the breaks. Maybe if Encarnacion wasn't looking back, he could've scored. He didn't need to keep turning his head.
    if only the ump was looking at all.

Exactly. If you could poll all the losing teams in MLB, they would probably complain about the same thing. Losers don't get any calls/breaks. Ideally, umps are supposed to be fair and impartial. But unfortunately, this is the real world. What's the old cliches? "You got to make your own breaks" and "You got to earn respect." The Reds haven't done either of them.

No kidding, as bad as the call was, if he simply ran he would have been in by a mile and not a close play to get screwed on.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    That was the final nail in the proverbial coffin. What a horrible call thumbdown:thumbdown and an absolute disastrous turn around for a team already spiraling.

Let's get ready for 2010 now Walt.

Nothing left to say...

...but Who Dey!
    Noooooooobbboooddaaaayyyyy!! (in july) lol.
    I'm definitely with you though, i'm ready for Bengals/Buckeyes. 40 days 'til Ohio State kicks off, glad the Reds at least kept interest til now this year. Better than the last couple.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

What was EE looking at when he was tagging up from 3rd?

Sure, it was a bad call at the plate, but it shouldn't have been remotely close. Just saw the replay again on ESPN, and he's looking at the OF the first 40 or 50 feet.

It frustrates me that this team has become so bad, but it tears at my insides to see the same type of mental breakdowns, lack of effort and bonehead plays we've seen lately.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Re: What was EE looking at when he was tagging up from 3rd?

It's Edwin. The surprising part would've been if he HADN'T committed that mental error, or something similar.

The sooner the Reds get EE out of Cincy and Rolen in the quicker this team takes a step in the right direction for the 2010 season.

Anyone who isnt a fan of the University of Kentucky basketball better be very afraid, very afraid because Calipari is coming.

Just another example of bad coaching. The only thing EE should be looking at is the plate and the catcher to determine the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Just another example of bad coaching. The only thing EE should be looking at is the plate and the catcher to determine the slide.
    You can coach these guys till you are blue in the face. I bet if you said that to the coaches on the team, they would list all the times they work on that exact kind of stuff in Spring Training, in practice, etc. Heck you learn that in little league.

It's EE failure to learn the fundamentals of baseball. He does it again and again and again...for 4 years, and all I ever hear from this site is, "He's young, he'll learn." No he's a stupid baseball player who gets lucky with the bat for a week or so at a time, and hits just enough HR's to snow the right people just enough that he will put it all together.

I wish someone would pay me $4+ million dollars a year to learn how to do my job. Oh year, in the real world you are supposed to know how to do it before you get it.
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 07-27-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Turn Off Ads?