Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Predict the newest Red

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Predict the newest Red

I can't fathom a scenario where Walt doesn't make at least one deal by Friday. So please, without the bitter sarcasm (hard as that may be), predict who will be the newest member of the organization by Friday.

I'll start with Mark Teahen. I see the Reds trading some mid-tier prospects for Teahen, the poor man's Mark DeRosa, and billing it as a trade for the present and the future. It will be nice in that it will give them some flexibility with Encarnacion and the outfield. However, assuming that's the only "big" move, I'll be underwhelmed.

What I would really like to see is the Reds trade Matt Maloney for any number of underperforming, high-potential outfielders. Wladimir Balentien, Elijah Dukes, and Delmon Young could all be had quite easily at the moment. I'd like to see WJ pull a Krivsky and take a chance on a high-upside bat. Unfortunately with the current GM, I think a Teahen-type trade is much more likely.

What's your prediction- who will be the newest Red by the end of the week?
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-27-2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?