Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Morrow available?

Morrow available?

A source tells FOXSports.com that the Mariners are shifting into "sell mode," with Jarrod Washburn and potentially Mark Lowe, Sean White and Brandon Morrow available.

"They're about ready to do some things," an official of one contender said. With the Mariners now seven and a half games out of a playoff spot, trading Washburn would serve them well, but there is little incentive to giving up on former first-round pick Morrow, which the article acknowledges.
    I'd jump all over grabbing Morrow if he is indeed available.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Morrow available?

I put him as one of the three moves I'd make to improve the Reds, in the thread on that subject.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Haunted by walks

"I throw the ball to Who. Whoever it is drops the ball and the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I Don't Know. I Don't Know throws it back to Morrow, Triple play."

What would the Reds offer the Ms for Morrow?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    What would the Reds offer the Ms for Morrow?
    Drew Stubbs
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Drew Stubbs
    They've kinda got some internal options for left field.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    They've kinda got some internal options for left field.
    Wladimir Balentien?

In all seriousness, I'm more interested in Balentien than I am in Morrow, considering the talent that it would take to acquire them. Unless the Reds believe Morrow could be a successful starter (which they might), Morrow is far down on their list of needs.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-28-2009 at 10:27 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?