Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carl Crawford maybe on the block

Carl Crawford maybe on the block

--The Rangers turned down an offer to bring Scott Kazmir home to Texas. The Rays have shopped Kazmir around a bit, even calling the Mets New York Mets , who expressed initial interest but nothing more. Tampa is trying to see if they could trade Kazmir, Carlos Pena and in the right blockbuster even Carl Crawford to free up dollars to make a bigger trade. The Rays are most focused on seeing if they can add Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez in one trade, though they continue to call on Halladay, as well.

I imagine his trade value is through the roof now more than it was a few years ago but he certainly is someone I'd be on going after also. If we have to deal with Dusty we should at least go get the type of player he loves, that actually is good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Carl Crawford maybe on the block

forgot the link
    http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/st/ar..._trade_co.html

and his contract info
    Carl Crawford of
    4 years/$15.25M (2005-08), plus 2009-10 club options

* 4 years/$15.25M (2005-08), plus 2009-10 club options
    o signed extension 4/05, replacing 1 year/$0.37M deal for 2005 which included a $20,000 bonus for reaching 500 PAs
    o $0.5M signing bonus
    o 05:$0.5M, 06:$2.5M, 07:$4M, 08:$5.25M, 09:$8.25M club option ($2.5M buyout), 10:$10M club option ($1.25M buyout)
    o 2010 salary may increase to $11.5M with escalators

Oh how sweet it would be...

Would love to have Crawford in Left and hitting in front of Votto. Is Heisey and Alonso to Rays for Crawford to much?

Quote Originally Posted by sammonator View Post
    Would love to have Crawford in Left and hitting in front of Votto. Is Heisey and Alonso to Rays for Crawford to much? What is his contract status?
    For the amount of time we would have Crawford I would consider that way too much.

I posted the contract status. He is a FA after 2010, and would be making 10 million, that can go to 11.5.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

/drool

I think his power numbers would benefit greatly, too, in GABP.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

If you could get Crawford, it would be worth doing and using Harang or Arroyo's money to lock him up to a long term deal. I'd be shocked it that ever happend though.
    Sto Pro Veritate

I think Walt would lean more towards trading Harang or Arroyo for prospects then trading for a proven player as well. I see no intention of him trying to stock up on prospects. I doubt they would actually trade for Crawford, and I doubt hes really on the market honestly, but I could see Walt doing something along these lines.

I would do Alonso and Heisey for Crawford no problem, or if they preferred Stubbs. Heisey strikes me as the next Chris Denorfia big time, and instead of waiting for Alonso to come up and hope that Joey Votto can play LF, we get a good hitting LF back who already plays good defense, and Votto can stay at first where he can be pretty good at times defensively.

I would even throw in Travis Wood too, who I also think is a mirage. Prospects are overvalued big time.

Wood, Alonso and Heisey for one year's worth of Carl Crawford? Not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Wood, Alonso and Heisey for one year's worth of Carl Crawford? Not happening.
    I don't think Carl Crawford is the type of player Walt Jocketty would trade for and then just let walk away. I think he would likely sign him to an extension, after moving Harang, Arroyo or both.

It solves a major problem and gives up nothing that we don't already have solutions for. Plus, an OF with Crawford, Stubbs, and Bruce would be incredible defensively.

I'm not so sure Crawford is the right guy to target. The Reds need a power bat not a leadoff type hitter, be it a great lead off hitter. Think the money should be spent for more pressing needs since we have Dickerson, Heisey, and Stubbs all for cheap. Now if you tell me the Reds would be willing to add Crawford and go out and sign a power bat then I'd be all for trading for Crawford.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    I'm not so sure Crawford is the right guy to target. The Reds need a power bat not a leadoff type hitter, be it a great lead off hitter. Think the money should be spent for more pressing needs since we have Dickerson, Heisey, and Stubbs all for cheap. Now if you tell me the Reds would be willing to add Crawford and go out and sign a power bat then I'd be all for trading for Crawford.
    I think the Reds could just use some guys who get on base period. Phillips provides some power from a position that usually doesn't add a whole lot. You can probably also expect Bruce to return next year and hit better, and add probably 30 HR to the team.

Also, you could go to Atlanta and get Escobar who is supposedly available, and adds good power for a SS. That would give you a pretty solid lineup that has decent power through out and gets on base pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    I think the Reds could just use some guys who get on base period. Phillips provides some power from a position that usually doesn't add a whole lot. You can probably also expect Bruce to return next year and hit better, and add probably 30 HR to the team.

Also, you could go to Atlanta and get Escobar who is supposedly available, and adds good power for a SS. That would give you a pretty solid lineup that has decent power through out and gets on base pretty well.
    Fair enough, but I don't make the Crawford deal by itself or even first. The Reds need far more than just Crawford.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    Fair enough, but I don't make the Crawford deal by itself or even first. The Reds need far more than just Crawford.
    Without a doubt, they have several huge holes they need to fill, but I think those 2 deals would go a long way towards doing so.

Crawford seems like a Reds type player as well, speedy, plays good defense. The best part is that he also gets on base and can make good contact with the ball every now and then.

Turn Off Ads?