Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does Chris Heisey's stats compare to Chris Denorfia's?

Re: How does Chris Heisey's stats compare to Chris Denorfia's?

One more thing, Heisey does look bigger than Denorfia, but they are listed at exactly the same size. 6 foot even, 185 pounds.
    They might have similar frames, but they're not at all the same physically. Heisey's build is light years ahead of where Chris Denorfia was.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Denorfia was probably the most misunderstood player on RZ I've seen in awhile. What Denorifa supporters - myself included - saw was:

1) A plus glove in center field
    2) An adequate ability to get on base

Those are the types of players you can milk for some ok production during their league minimum salary years up through possibly year one of arbitration. Then when they start making some money, ship them off to another club before their salary outweighs their production level. It's essentially called "preventing a weakness with a cheap player that barely causes a ripple in the budget." That's what Beane saw in Denorfia and why he traded for him, but the injury likely derailed that plan.

Good teams can usually sniff out those types of players out whereas bad teams repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot with other types of stupidity (i.e. Patterson, Taveras, etc.).
    I agree and Heisey is of this ilk but a bit better perhaps due to his slight advantage in pop. I can see him as a Shane Victorino type of player in a way. Now once he hits that arb years/FA he is likely just good enough to get overpaid by some other team.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    They might have similar frames, but they're not at all the same physically. Heisey's build is light years ahead of where Chris Denorfia was.
    Heisey is actually listed at 200 pounds, which is about right. Your assumption was right in the difference in the physique of the two, Heisey is certainly bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Heisey is actually listed at 200 pounds, which is about right. Your assumption was right in the difference in the physique of the two, Heisey is certainly bigger.
    I was going by baseball-reference.com, and I got it wrong anyways. They both are listed there at 195. Sorry. My bad.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

The Legend of Chris Heisey continues to grow. It isn't at Deno proportions yet, more likely because the farm system is much better stocked than during Deno's time. Heisey will get his chance, what he does with that is another question.

If Heisey is treated properly in the Cincinnati chain, he's a valuable chip. He can OPS around 800 early in his career and play a good CF. That would make him a well above average major league player for his position.

I'm guessing, however, like Denorfia, he will be asked to play a corner OF spot. His bat is not good enough for a corner OF spot.

Turn Off Ads?