Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There's no hurry on trading Arroyo

There's no hurry on trading Arroyo

This trade deadline doesn't matter with regards to him, possibly Harang and even Cordero as well. No one in their right mind is going to be claiming big contracts off waivers. And if they do, I say HAVE AT EM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: There's no hurry on trading Arroyo

Heard on WLW that Harang and 2 prospects could be sent over soon to Toronto for Scott Rolen

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Heard on WLW that Harang and 2 prospects could be sent over soon to Toronto for Scott Rolen
    Who said it.

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Not calling you a liar or anything BUT that is pretty hard to believe with all these random rumors flying around here lately AND in all of the Rolen talks I have heard they all say Edwin will be involved.

Yeah I didn't believe it much either when i heard it on the radio but i dont know who said it but you got to think edwin would be going back to Toronto instead of harang

Was it a host or a caller?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Was it a host or a caller?
    It was Hal McCoy talking to Marty I believe. I heard it too/Can't believe it either.

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    It was Hal McCoy talking to Marty I believe. I heard it too/Can't believe it either.
    Hal McCoy is a joke.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...en-225938.html

CINCINNATI — As Friday's non-waivers trade deadline creeps closer, the rumors circulate. One involving the Cincinnati Reds acquiring third baseman Scott Rolen from Toronto remains alive and kicking.

Also there are rumors of the departure of pitcher Aaron Harang, maybe as part of the deal that would bring Rolen to Cincinnati.

"You hear 'em, but I don't pay attention to the rumors," said Harang. "You can't let it bother you or it will affect your play. As a veteran, your name is going to come up. You never really know until they come up to you and say, 'You'[ve been traded.' I don't waorry about it because it is out of my control."

Harang agrees that most trades are made without rumors and the rumored trades seldom get done.

"That's what happened when I was traded to the Reds," he said. "I had heard the Mets and the Marlins and some others, but not the Reds. At the last minute I heard, 'You're going to the Reds' and I said, 'Where did that come from?'"

Harang hopes the Reds don't rip up the roster because, "We're not out of it. We can make up two or three games in three days. We lost six in a row on the road and lost only two games. And we have enough games against teams in our division that we can shift things around in one weekend."

Of possible trades, manager Dusty Baker said, "We've been inquiring and search, but everybody wants our top, top guys. I'd hate to be in the AL East because both Boston and New York load up on you late."

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Hal McCoy is a joke.
    Hal McCoy is in the Hall of Fame, what have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Hal McCoy is in the Hall of Fame, what have you done?
    What does what I have done have to do with McCoy being a joke?

What does what I have done have to do with McCoy being a joke?
    Other than the fact that you seem to rip on the guy at every opportunity, I guess nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Other than the fact that you seem to rip on the guy at every opportunity, I guess nothing.
    If he retired years ago he might not have the stigma of being someone who gets nothing but bad info or making stuff up regarding trades. Its safe to say if it comes from Hal McCoy the opposite is true.

If he retired years ago he might not have the stigma of being someone who gets nothing but bad info or making stuff up regarding trades. Its safe to say if it comes from Hal McCoy the opposite is true.
    You aren't really old enough to understand this.

Hal McCoy learned the trade from Si Burick and Ritter Collett, both Hall of Famers. Dayton is the only non-MLB team city to have 2, let alone 3 Hall of Famers. In sportswriting world, you don't retire. See any cities sportspage for proof.

There used to be a day when younger people learned from and respected their elders. That's because they have a lifetime of experience over you/anyone younger.

Add to these facts that Hal has a disease that has rendered him legally blind, but it didn't stop him from continuing on with his profession. And I will put to you the opinion that Hal McCoy is quite a hero in his ownright.

So when I continue to see negative comments from someone who had to have their buts whiped by those elders, while Hal was busy on the Big Red Machine beat, I have to say again, what have you done in your life that makes your opinions so much better than his?
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 07-29-2009 at 03:16 PM.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

This deal, as described above, makes no sense to either club involved. The only plus I can see on the Reds' side is to eliminate his salary, but you can do that by getting a couple of prospects from someone else. And why would Toronto want Harang, with the possible exception of quickly dealing him away (in the type of trade the Reds should have made to begin with)?
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?