Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jack Wilson to Seattle

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Jack Wilson to Seattle

For Jeff Clements, Ian Snell and a few others...don't think the entire trade has been made public yet.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jack Wilson to Seattle

Jack Wilson is terrible beyond belief.

11:45am: Kovacevic says the Mariners acquire Wilson and Ian Snell for Clement, Ronny Cedeno, Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin and Nathan Adcock.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Good trade for the Bucs.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Good trade for the Bucs.
    great trade for the bucs.....at the same time I am of the belief that Ian Snell can be an all star pitcher is he gets his head screwed on straight....I am very upset that the Reds did not go after him....throw him in the pen or take the place of MO at the 5 spot.....the bucs were trying to give him away and his salary is not that bad.......of course the Reds know better than me, or do they? Sure sounds like alot of teams are getting better everyday and we are standing still.

Hard to dislike it for the Bucs. The fact that they get rid of Wilson, and traded someone they hated with a passion in Snell for a back up IFer, and a catcher who cant catch at any level, and cant hit so far in the majors and 3 other players is surprisingly a good deal for them.
    Last edited by GIDP; 07-29-2009 at 01:53 PM.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Maybe with the trade of Lee some of the other trades start to line up. Walt has already hit the snooze button on the 2009 season. Let's hope he can stay awake long enough to get us started in the right direction for 2010.

well with Lee traded, and Halladay not likely to be moved Harang seems to be the next best guy if you ask me.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

great trade for the bucs.....at the same time I am of the belief that Ian Snell can be an all star pitcher is he gets his head screwed on straight....I am very upset that the Reds did not go after him....throw him in the pen or take the place of MO at the 5 spot.....the bucs were trying to give him away and his salary is not that bad.......of course the Reds know better than me, or do they? Sure sounds like alot of teams are getting better everyday and we are standing still.
    I agree that Ian Snell has the talent to pitch well in the majors. He certainly hasn't had any trouble dispatching AAA hitters. However if a player is still trying to get their head straight when they are pushing 28, I'd be very wary.
    Still, if the Pirates were trying to give him away, I think the GM in me would have obliged them.

Before you get to slap-happy with congratulating the Bucco's, they are also paying nearly ALL of their salaries, outside of $400K each.

Looks like they're going all out to give us our first 6th place finish in Reds History.

I think we're up to the challenge!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

He was a bum. People here in Pittsburgh are bellyaching about it, b/c they are used to him and what not. If you plan on rebuilding, though.......might as well go all the way.

Good trade for both clubs. Seattle's still trying to win in 2009, and Jack Wilson upgrades their offense tremendously, even a 2009 version of Wilson, over anything the Mariners had been throwing out there at shortstop. The writing was on the wall for Clement the day they resigned Kenji Jojihma to a new 3-year contract.

Turn Off Ads?