and wondering why we couldnt have done something similar? The phills got to keep their Top talent and still got Lee.......The M's got Ian snell who might turn out to be special or might turn out a bum, either way the M's got rid of a few guys that will never sniff their roster and picked up a starting SS who is a stop gap until a minor leaguer can handle it and grabbed snell.......The Cards gave up our equivalent of Yonder Alonso and now have Matt H and they will more than likely have the lead when it comes to Free Agency, they might not sign him but they will for sure be the front runners and all it cost them was a guy that "MIGHT" not ever make the major league club, its a big cost if Matt signs elsewhere but if they can sign him and he works out then its money........

I just dont understand all this stuff comming out of Walts mouth about not trading way our future.......I am here to tell ya walt, we dont have a future. You get a future by doing what it takes to win now..And if giving up Tonder Alonzo and a few AA guys and a few A guys means that we would be looking at Cliff Lee, Matt Holiday and Ian Snell.......then I say do it and do it again. Even if it meant Holiday and Lee were only here for the rest of the year....If we would have brought those guys in a month ago, where would we be now? The point I am trying to make is you play to win and win now.....