Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday July 30 Rumors

Thursday July 30 Rumors

Thought it would be a good idea to start a new trade deadline thread for today's rumors.

Here's a couple Reds related items:

Elliott adds that the Reds "met last night to decide to come up with a package to land third baseman Scott Rolen."
    Two players are on the Cubs' radar: Mark Teahen of the Royals and Jeremy Hermida of the Marlins. The Royals are looking for a center fielder in return, however. Teahen has $1.37MM left on his contract. Hermida has $847K remaining. Both players can be under team control through 2011.
    I would offer the Royals Willy Taveras and cash for Mark Teahen. If they didn't want Taveras, I'd send them Stubbs for Teahen and a prospect. Teahen is cheap and would give the Reds flexibility at LF and 3B. The Reds have way too many CFers. It's not going to set the world on fire but I think there is a fit here.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday July 30 Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Thought it would be a good idea to start a new trade deadline thread for today's rumors.

Here's a couple Reds related items:

I would offer the Royals Willy Taveras and cash for Mark Teahen. If they didn't want Taveras, I'd send them Stubbs for Teahen and a prospect. Teahen is cheap and would give the Reds flexibility at LF and 3B. The Reds have way too many CFers. It's not going to set the world on fire but I think there is a fit here.
    How about Dickerson for Teahan? I don't think anyone wants Willy.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Dusty and Walt apparently do.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Dusty and Walt apparently do.
    I should have said anyone "else."
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I should have said anyone "else."
    Or anybody in their right mind.

I think I might like Dickerson more than Stubbs. I'd like to move Stubbs before he's exposed and loses his trade value.
    Go BLUE!!!

I thought Toronto was only interested in trading Rolen if they could deal Halladay first? Seems like I read that a couple of days ago somewhere.

CDick can't be traded--he's on the dl, he could however be a PTBNL.

The Yankees are interested in a CF (MLBtraderumors.com said they are looking at CPatt (is he dating Steinbrenner's daughter)). I'd offer them Willie Taveras for a bag of balls or a Yankees hat.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Or anybody in their right mind.
    The Royals don't have a mind, so no problem there.

Throw the kitchen sink at Ricciardi for Halladay. That's the only deal that could matter to this franchise. Getting rid of contracts doesn't matter (they won't re-spend it); getting prospects won't matter (no one's giving up good ones); getting Rolen won't hurt, but it's somewhat limited, and most of all he doesn't pitch.

Bruce (PTBNL), Leake, Roenicke for Halladay. Break the cycle.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Teahen is EE. Not enough glove for 3B, not enough bat for LF.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Throw the kitchen sink at Ricciardi for Halladay. That's the only deal that could matter to this franchise. Getting rid of contracts doesn't matter (they won't re-spend it); getting prospects won't matter (no one's giving up good ones); getting Rolen won't hurt, but it's somewhat limited, and most of all he doesn't pitch.

Bruce? not in a million years. Alonso yeah, but not Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto, or Joey Votto. They can have anyone else.

JP would probably want Cueto as well.

I like the initial theory, but I can't imagine JP Riccardi could tell the media he just traded Roy Halladay for Josh Roenicke and two PTBNLs.

I'd offer EE, Alonso, Stubbs, and Wood (with the injured Canadians Lotzkar and/or Hildenbrandt as PTBNLs) for Halladay and Rolen.
    Go BLUE!!!

Bruce? not in a million years. Alonso yeah, but not Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto, or Joey Votto. They can have anyone else.
    Yeah, Bruce. Cueto. Whoever.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?