Turn Off Ads?

Thread: VMart

VMart

How about trying to acquire VMart from the Tribe and moving him to 1b and Votto to LF? Then getting Rolen for 3b. What ya think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: VMart

More money than we can afford, and then figure in what they probably want for him I dont really think its a good fit.

I would trade Harang/Rhodes to the Dodgers for Pierre and a SS prospect and demand they pay some of Pierre's salary. Then we would have
    Pierre
    Phillips
    Votto
    VMart
    Rolen
    Bruce
    Hannigan
    Gonzalez/Hairston

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I don't see why everyone's so hellbent to deal Alonso. If we're open to moving Votto to LF, we've got our stick at 1B coming very soon.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I don't see why everyone's so hellbent to deal Alonso. If we're open to moving Votto to LF, we've got our stick at 1B coming very soon.
    that is the problem with the reds, we are always coming soon.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammonator View Post
    that is the problem with the reds, we are always coming soon.
    I don't think that's the problem. I think the problem is we continue to surround those guys with stop-gap, scrap-heap major leaguers and never truly commit to putting a bunch of talented young players on the field and letting them play through the growing pains.

This season is a classic example. What is the point of rolling Willy Taveras and Alex Gonzalez out there every day??? What does management expect from that?
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I don't think that's the problem. I think the problem is we continue to surround those guys with stop-gap, scrap-heap major leaguers and never truly commit to putting a bunch of talented young players on the field and letting them play through the growing pains.

This season is a classic example. What is the point of rolling Willy Taveras and Alex Gonzalez out there every day??? What does management expect from that?
    Yeah I see your point. I agree with that. I just think we should either be one or the other. Either sell all out or go all in. We are just in between and that is not working.

Turn Off Ads?