Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manny and Ortiz on 03 steroid list

Manny and Ortiz on 03 steroid list

on espn news now also www.rotoworld.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Manny and Ortiz on 03 steroid list

shocker...

I honestly dont believe any report about steroids until I see some more proof, but I wouldnt be surprised.

Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Part of me wants to see the whole list at once for the shock and awe value of it. But, as a person who wants baseball to suffer and squirm for their reprehensible behavior on the PED front, I love that the names are coming out one at a time. If the whole list was released at one time, the top ten players would take a beating in the media but the lesser players would go under the radar. However, as it is going right now each player is getting the full wrath of a rabid media. Clemens, Sosa, Manny, A-Rod, and now Ortiz have and will spend their time getting hammered in the press and in the public.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Part of me wants to see the whole list at once for the shock and awe value of it. But, as a person who wants baseball to suffer and squirm for their reprehensible behavior on the PED front, I love that the names are coming out one at a time. If the whole list was released at one time, the top ten players would take a beating in the media but the lesser players would go under the radar. However, as it is going right now each player is getting the full wrath of a rabid media. Clemens, Sosa, Manny, A-Rod, and now Ortiz have and will spend their time getting hammered in the press and in the public.

Fans at Dodger Stadium/Fenway Park/Yankee Stadium will be the biggest hypocrites of all for standing up for these guys. You know Ortiz is gonna be crushed the next time they go to Yankee Stadium. He got a standing O at Fenway today. However, I bet those same people were railing against A-Rod. Dodger fans spent YEARS taunting Bonds, but welcomed Bonds back with open arms.

Bottom line is, as fans, as long as you are on THEIR team, they don't care. Integrity and fan outrage stops the moment that a player on YOUR team get nailed.

There is not a single ballplayer that I would be shocked at if they found them guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
    There is not a single ballplayer that I would be shocked at if they found them guilty.
    Griffey?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Griffey?
    Do I think Griffey did them...No. Would it surprise me if he did...No. Griffey is my favorite player in the Majors. I still check the Seattle boxscores to see how he is doing, but No...not a single player in this era would surprise me...including Griffey. Look at his #'s starting in 1993. Sometimes, I wonder.

I wouldnt be surprised by anyone either. I'm serious as you can get. If someone told me Juan Castro failed a test I wouldnt be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Griffey?
    thats the only one for me personally. i wanna believe pujols hasnt touched the stuff, but wouldnt surprise me. i thought a-rod was clean too..so what do i know

Boston Roidsox ha get it. did you see what I did there?

Players aren't role models. If a player can get away with using steroids more power to him. If you aren't cheating you ain't trying. Blah, blah, blah. I'd kick all the cheating dogs out of the game if I was the commish.

I would be surprised if Griffey did them. That would be very disappointing to me. As it stands now, he is the best "clean" home run hitter of our generation.

Turn Off Ads?