Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New names linked to 03 steroids

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New names linked to 03 steroids

Did I miss this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/sp...doping.html?hp

Most notably Ramirez and Ortiz in 03. I don't know if any of you heard this, since it's a state secret, but 2003 was Ortiz's first season in Boston and they won the World Series the next year (I know! Crazy, right?! There was a three-game playoff defecit and everything! Where is ESPN on this?!?)

seriously, I hate steroids, but the results of the 03 tests were never to be made public, and whoever is responsible should be prosecuted in my opinion.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: New names linked to 03 steroids

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Did I miss this?

Most notably Ramirez and Ortiz in 03. I don't know if any of you heard this, since it's a state secret, but 2003 was Ortiz's first season in Boston and they won the World Series the next year (I know! Crazy, right?! There was a three-game playoff defecit and everything! Where is ESPN on this?!?)

seriously, I hate steroids, but the results of the 03 tests were never to be made public, and whoever is responsible should be prosecuted in my opinion.
    I am pretty sure its not something you can be prosecuted for it. Fired, sure. Perhaps even sued... but not prosecuted.

It used to be that if you were over weight, but really athletic and gifted with extraordinary hand-eye coordination and could hit a baseball a mile despite looking like you belonged on a bar stool, you were named Babe Ruth. Then along came David Ortiz (who actually can play first base), giving hope to all those beer league fast pitch players out there. Their last hope is that Prince Fielder broke into professional baseball late enough to avoid the pressures to dope.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

so will the fact that most of the premier power hitters of the 2000's have been linked to steroids maybe alter the view that Reds fans have of Dunn? Especially since it seems like the power/lower K/hign BA numbers of a lot of power hitters seem to be PED induced.

where does all this leave Albert?

Best career start in MLB history. High power-lowK-highBA. Has the PED body style - thickly muscled with little body fat.

Other top power hitters(Reynolds, Dunn, Howard, Gonzalez) are all high K, lowBA guys ... which is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post

Best career start in MLB history. High power-lowK-highBA. Has the PED body style - thickly muscled with little body fat.

Other top power hitters(Reynolds, Dunn, Howard, Gonzalez) are all high K, lowBA guys ... which is normal.
    Pujols has never reportedly tested positive for steroids. He is either (1) juicing and hasn't yet been caught, or (2) he is the greatest firstbaseman in the history of the game.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Pujols has never reportedly tested positive for steroids. He is either (1) juicing and hasn't yet been caught, or (2) he is the greatest firstbaseman in the history of the game.
    which given the environment of the early 2000s, which is more likely?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    They don't test for HGH.
    Where we gonna go?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post

Give me some of Prince Albert's blood and NO WAY he comes back clean.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Give me some of Prince Albert's blood and NO WAY he comes back clean.
    It'll certainly come back angry.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Maybe all those great GMs of the 90s and 00s weren't so great after all.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Did I miss this?

As Doug said, there's no jurisdiction for prosecution in a case like this. I actually, as much as I would like to have the truth come out, don't care for the leaking of names from an 'anonymous' test, but there's not anything that can be done in a criminal court.

Now, if there was a mutual non-disclosure agreement, as almost certainly there was given the nature of these tests, someone could be sued for tort or breach of contract. Defamation, I would imagine, is something that could be argued.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    As Doug said, there's no jurisdiction for prosecution in a case like this. I actually, as much as I would like to have the truth come out, don't care for the leaking of names from an 'anonymous' test, but there's not anything that can be done in a criminal court.
    I can assure you "leaking in public" is a criminal act.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I can assure you "leaking in public" is a criminal act.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Bud Selig is as much to blame as the players themselves.

I think the media should be all over him as much as they have been on the players. This man allowed these things to happen, and if you say that he was unaware then that's even worse. I honestly don't understand why this man still has a job. He should have been fired years ago.

Turn Off Ads?