Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Reds franchise is such a joke.

This Reds franchise is such a joke.

The owner, the GM, the manager, and most of the players are all jokes. If they dont trade away all they can for prospects there idiots. Harang, Arroyo, EE, Weathers, Rhodes, Cordero, and even Philliups need to be gone. The Reds need to clear money and bring in young talent. Then in the off season make a run at Holliday barring the Cards signing him long term. They also need top find a SS and 1 more starting pitcher. But with this crew its hard to say who they see as a upgrade I just dont trust them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This Reds franchise is such a joke.

sounds like you would approve trading the whole mlb team away and just promoting the AAA team?

what do you mean this team is a joke? we traded for Wladimir Balentien, the reds comeback starts NOW!

You're assuming someone would take Arroyo or Harang in a trade. It takes 2 to make a trade.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Yeah Id say bring in some new guys. The guys we have now isnt getting it done are they. Id say keep Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, Hannigan, Gomes, Burton, Masset, and Bray. Other than that Id trade who I could and get some prospects back in return. Then with the money saved look into FA next season. Sign 1 power OF bat, a SS, and a starting pitcher. That would be a better team than we got right now.

Arroyo and Harang could be traded just not for as much as Walt is probably asking for. Id say if a team will take on all the salary ask for a B level prospect in return.

While I'm extremely frustrated right now, it SHOULD be mentioned that the team has been CRUSHED with injuries this year. If Votto/Bruce/Volquez hadn't missed so much time, they would be much closer to .500. Not that .500 is anything to jump for joy over, but injuries have played a major factor in the destruction of this Reds team.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Yeah Id say bring in some new guys. The guys we have now isnt getting it done are they. Id say keep Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, Hannigan, Gomes, Burton, Masset, and Bray. Other than that Id trade who I could and get some prospects back in return. Then with the money saved look into FA next season. Sign 1 power OF bat, a SS, and a starting pitcher. That would be a better team than we got right now.

Arroyo and Harang could be traded just not for as much as Walt is probably asking for. Id say if a team will take on all the salary ask for a B level prospect in return.
    How is Bruce "getting it done?"

And why trade a gold glove 2B who leads your team in RBI's?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    How is Bruce "getting it done?"

And why trade a gold glove 2B who leads your team in RBI's?
    Who is affordable AND under your control for a few years.

You still give Bruce some slack. Yeah, he's had about the equivalent to one full year in the bigs...so he still has plenty of time to figure it out.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    Who is affordable AND under your control for a few years.

You still give Bruce some slack. Yeah, he's had about the equivalent to one full year in the bigs...so he still has plenty of time to figure it out.
    he's still only 22 too

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

The biggest problem, IMO, is they don't have any kind of plan. They've been half-assing it for a long time. It would be better to follow the blueprint of a team like the Marlins (even though you have to blow it up every 3-4 years) rather than go down this path to nowhere every season.

Commit to the future or go after some LEGIT help. Quit riding the fence.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    While I'm extremely frustrated right now, it SHOULD be mentioned that the team has been CRUSHED with injuries this year. If Votto/Bruce/Volquez hadn't missed so much time, they would be much closer to .500. Not that .500 is anything to jump for joy over, but injuries have played a major factor in the destruction of this Reds team.
    I agree. While the injury situation doesn't by any means completely explain the frustration, it has been a major factor since almost right after Spring Training. The term "decimated by injuries" gets thrown around a lot, but we really have had more than our share.

Again, injuries doesn't explain away all of our problems, but no doubt been a factor.

I just checked the score after a day of meetings. I'm just in total disbelief. Is there one guy on the is team that even gives a crap? The last two days are a complete embarrassment.

I'm done. Trade everyone. Except who would want any one them. Keep Bruce, Votto, Cueto, Bailey, Hanigan and Volquez and the hell with everyone else. I bet Louisville could play the Padres this well, and I personally think they would take the series.

During the offseason, if even one of these pathetic excuses for a MLB player even hints at a raise, trade him, put him on waivers, throw him in the garbage. This entire team should forego their paychecks for the way they've played in July.

Obivously I'm so pissed I can't even make any sense. But this is an outrage for these guys to suck as bad as they do. These are the top 30-35 guys (considering injuries) that this organization throws out there?

I really wish someone from another city would buy this team, so they might have a chance over the brainiacs that have run this franchise into the ground.

FRAK YOU Bob Castellini and everyone who works for you! You have made me begin to hate one of the few things that I unconditionally love in life, The Cincinnati Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    The owner, the GM, the manager, and most of the players are all jokes. If they dont trade away all they can for prospects there idiots. Harang, Arroyo, EE, Weathers, Rhodes, Cordero, and even Philliups need to be gone. The Reds need to clear money and bring in young talent. Then in the off season make a run at Holliday barring the Cards signing him long term. They also need top find a SS and 1 more starting pitcher. But with this crew its hard to say who they see as a upgrade I just dont trust them.
    I guess the new "5 Year Plan" is inevitable.

This is one of the worst Reds teams that I can remember.

What does dusty have to do to get fired? And the rest of the coaching staff? Sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    The biggest problem, IMO, is they don't have any kind of plan. They've been half-assing it for a long time. It would be better to follow the blueprint of a team like the Marlins (even though you have to blow it up every 3-4 years) rather than go down this path to nowhere every season.

Commit to the future or go after some LEGIT help. Quit riding the fence.
    Well said I couldn't agree more.

Turn Off Ads?