Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Under the Radar

Under the Radar

Thought this might be kinda fun. Come up with a name of somebody you've noticed who isn't talked about much on here. Adopt a prospect, more or less. Except that you can do it several times, as many as you want. Adopt a family. When the spirit moves you, just throw a name out here of somebody who might be worth watching. Somebody who's not obvious, or on most top-40 lists.

I'll start. (And I'll probably add a couple more by the end of the day, since there seems to be nothing going on at the trade deadline . . . )

Just noticed Miguel Chacoa, DSL Reds. I like two things about him: He's a shortstop, and he's a switch-hitter. Make it three. His OBP is .375. He's a Venezuelan, batting .298, with 11 steals. Only problem is he's 20 years old, which probably ought to put him in Billings. He spent last year in the DSL, too, batting .321 with 13 steals. So why isn't this guy in Billings?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Under the Radar

Didn't you start this thread already?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77299
    Go BLUE!!!

A little different. The other one focused on guys who have recently stepped forward, which would mostly be rookie types. Also, I figured by isolating one guy, it's a little more manageable and maybe appealing. But you're right, it's not entirely distinct. Sorry if it's redundant. If a mod sees fit to merge, no problem.

And I think I jumped the gun on Chacoa. He played SS last night, but in looking further, he's also played 3B and 1B, and is listed at 3B on his bio. On the other hand, I see that in his first year, 2007, Venezuelan League, he hit .349.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Maybe he just doesn't have the tools to succeed here every day? I have no knowledge of him, but maybe he just doesn't have the bat speed to hit a 90+ MPH fastball? In those leagues you can see enough guys to still do well if you can hit other pitches.

Turn Off Ads?