Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 Hours to Go

Re: 4 Hours to Go

But atleast the Pirates did something to shake things up because what they had wasn't working.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

2 hours to go.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Looks like Walt is going to stand pat...wow

Quote Originally Posted by NWOhio14 View Post
    But atleast the Pirates did something to shake things up because what they had wasn't working.
    they are on their record 17th consecutive losing season, longest losing streak for any franchise in MLB. what they have been doing hasnt been working for a long time. part of the reason is because of exactly what they did, trading away 8 of the 9 starters they had on opening day. who cares if they "shook it up" they're gonna continue to suck and then trade off the prospects they got this year. they're owner doesnt wanna pay any player any money, thus they continue to trade off cheap players for more cheap players.

If Walt has a plan isn't it about time he starts to set the wheels in motion? We may have to expand the Sun Deck library by adding the following:

Bakermetrics for GMs:The Jock's on you, dude.
    Bakermetrics for 3rd Base Coaches:Run Berry Berry fast please, dude.
    Bakermetrics for Hitting Coaches:See the ball, Miss the ball, Grab some bench, dude.

I forget the rest of the volumes in this series, but I am sure my fellow Sundeckers will help me out here.
    Last edited by texasdave; 07-31-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Walt in his office pounding the phone on his desk and screaming "@!@#$!! Majic Jack!".
    Now that is just plain funny. And maybe the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    Think about it people, everyone wanted Pirates player and as now nobody wants ANY Reds players. That speaks volumes, bigtime!
    Also could be speaking to what Walt is asking for in terms of return. Pirates had theyre yearly sheading of salary and took probably the first offer that came for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If Walt has a plan isn't it about time he starts to set the wheels in motion? We may have to expand the Sun Deck library by adding the following:

Bakermetrics for GMs:The Jock's on you, dude.
    Bakermetrics for 3rd Base Coaches:Run Berry Berry fast please, dude.
    Bakermetrics for Hitting Coaches:See the ball, Miss the ball, Grab some bench, dude.

I forget the rest of the volumes in this series, but I am sure my fellow Sundeckers will help me out here.

Bakermetrics for Starting Pitchers: Hang in there, dude. Just give me one more, thirty-five pitch inning and I'll get you out of there. Bigtime.

It's possible that some team becomes desperate for starting pitching come mid August and are willing to take on Harangs or Arroyos contract.Right now teams just don't want these guys but after the deadline they are the only kind of pitchers that can be traded.There are younger and less expensive options for now but that won't be the case once the deadline passes.Those better options will be difficult to move but as far as Aaron and Bronson nothing will have changed.

It will help if our guys can get hot over their next 2 or 3 starts.If they do there will be some team that needs at least 1 of them and a deal will get done.Probably a much better deal for the Reds then you could expect right now for either of them.

The losing stops NOW!! The Reds are to the Trading Deadline as Null is to Void. Empty is to promises. Shattered is to Dreams. Black is to Hole. Kick is to Groin. I was once asked to join a Fantasy League. I told the guy 'No, thank you, I am a Reds fan'. He understood.

One hour to go!! Let the madness commence!!!

]Vicki Martinez about to be traded to the BoSox the day before Victor Martinez Bobblehead Night in Cleveland.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Well they're building a gallows outside my cell I've got 25 minutes to go
    And the whole town's waitin' just to hear me yell I've got 24 minutes to go
    Well they gave me some beans for my last meal I've got 23 minutes to go
    But nobody asked me how I feel I've got 22 minutes to go
    Well I sent for the governor and the whole dern bunch with 21 minutes to go
    And I sent for the mayor but he's out to lunch I've got 20 more minutes to go
    Then the sheriff said boy I gonna watch you die got 19 minutes to go
    So I laughed in his face and I spit in his eye got 18 minutes to go
    Now hear comes the preacher for to save my soul with 13 minutes to go
    And he's talking bout' burnin' but I'm so cold I've 12 more minutes to go
    Now they're testin' the trap and it chills my spine 11 more minutes to go
    And the trap and the rope aw they work just fine got 10 more minutes to go
    Well I'm waitin' on the pardon that'll set me free with 9 more minutes to go
    But this is for real so forget about me got 8 more minutes to go
    With my feet on the trap and my head on the noose got 5 more minutes to go
    Won't somebody come and cut me loose with 4 more minutes to go
    I can see the mountains I can see the skies with 3 more minutes to go
    And it's to dern pretty for a man that don't wanna die 2 more minutes to go
    I can see the buzzards I can hear the crows 1 more minute to go
    And now I'm swingin' and here I go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote from Neyer's ESPN chat:

Andy (Cincy, OH)

Please explain why Walt hasn't tried to improve the Reds???

Rob Neyer (3:17 PM)

You mean for this year? This year's over, Andy. If you mean for next year and beyond, then you've got a damn fine question there. Essentially, *everybody* should be doing something right now.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    i dont think no one wants our players. walts just not gonna mortage our future like the pirates do. the pirates would be dealing cueto, volquez, bruce, votto...walt realizes they are untouchables as they should be.
    Future? What Future? Those 4 that you that you mentioned might be head cases and shot by the way they have been handled on the field and the front office. This team has no clue and I had it!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?