26. CHRIS NELSON, ss, Rockies Scouting Report
"His bat is further along than B.J. Upton's was at the same time."
27. RYAN HOWARD, 1b, Phillies Scouting Report
"When you have power like him, you don't have to pull it. It's not like any park can hold him."
--New Hampshire manager Mike Basso
28. J.J. HARDY, ss, Brewers Scouting Report
"He's a special kid in terms of what's between his ears and his heart."
--Brewers scouting director Jack Zduriencik
29. MIKE HINCKLEY, lhp, Nationals Scouting Report
"What separates with him is the makeup, work ethic, preparation. The physical tools are there, and all those intangibles are there already."
--Nationals farm director Adam Wogan
30. EDWIN JACKSON, rhp, Dodgers Scouting Report
"He had a rough year but I'll take him any day of the week. He's dominant when he has his command."
31. FELIX PIE, of, Cubs Scouting Report
"He's got five tools and all of them have a chance to be above-average. The sky is the limit."
--Sarasota manager Todd Claus
32. DARIC BARTON, 1b/c, Athletics Scouting Report
"I love his approach. It's what you try to teach kids."
33. JEREMY REED, of, Mariners Scouting Report
"He's another Mark Kotsay. I love the way he plays and I root for him."
34. ZACH DUKE, lhp, Pirates Scouting Report
"You look at him and you think, 'What does this kid have to work on?' He's just so polished."
--Altoona manager Tony Beasley
35. GAVIN FLOYD, rhp, Phillies Scouting Report
"He's had that big league curveball since high school. He just needs more fastball command."
36. ERIC DUNCAN, 3b, Yankees Scouting Report
"His work ethic reminds me of Todd Helton. He's not a guy who falls out of bed and hits. He's a guy who falls out of bed and works, and that's why he hits."
--Battle Creek manager Bill Mosiello
37. BRIAN ANDERSON, of, White Sox Scouting Report
"He's Jeremy Reed with a lot more power potential. He made the White Sox realize that Reed was expendable."
38. SCOTT OLSEN, lhp, Marlins Scouting Report
"He's a horse when he's out on the mound. He tries to do anything he can to use his fastball."
--Jupiter manager Luis Dorante
39. ERICK AYBAR, ss, Angels Scouting Report
"He's the perfect combination of fundamentals and flashiness."
--Rancho Cucamonga manager Bobby Meacham
40. CONOR JACKSON, of, Diamondbacks Scouting Report
"He doesn't swing at bad pitches and he doesn't miss good ones."
--Inland Empire manager Daren Brown
41. MICHAEL AUBREY, 1b, Indians Scouting Report
"The one thing he's always been able to do is hit a fastball. You can see him seek it out."
--Indians farm director John Farrell
42. RYAN SWEENEY, of, White Sox Scouting Report
"This guy is special. I've been in baseball a long time, and I've never seen a kid like this."
--White Sox farm director Dave Wilder
43. DAN MEYER, lhp, Athletics Scouting Report
"He's a big-game pitcher. He pitches every game with that same level of intensity--as if it was the last game of the season with it all on the line."
--Richmond manager Pat Kelly
44. BRIAN McCANN, c, Braves Scouting Report
"All he does is hit, and no one talks about how good he was defensively last year. He was one of the better catchers in the minors in a year when there weren't many good catchers."
45. JOSH BARFIELD, 2b, Padres Scouting Report
"The kid understands hitting. It's just rare to see a young hitter who understands how to stay inside the ball so well."
--Padres scouting director Bill Gayton
46. YUSMEIRO PETIT, rhp, Mets Scouting Report
"I just can't hit him. You just can't pick the ball up off him."
--Red Sox outfielder Brandon Moss
47. ANTHONY REYES, rhp, cardinals Scouting Report
"Besides Jose Capellan, no starter in the Southern League had a better arm, and Anthony has better command than Capellan."
--Tennessee manager Mark DeJohn
48. HOMER BAILEY, rhp, Reds Scouting Report
"He's the epitome of a pure projection pitcher. He has plus stuff with a good breaking ball, and he even has a little change-piece now."
49. BRANDON McCARTHY, rhp, White Sox Scouting Report
"He's got exceptional command for a tall guy. He creates such good angles and works down in the zone."
--Lynchburg pitching coach Scott Lovekamp
50. PHILIP HUMBER, rhp, Mets Scouting Report
"His performance is pretty consistent, which matches his personality. He's pretty controlled, and I love his curveball."