Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Heyman says Rolen to the Reds

Re: Heyman says Rolen to the Reds

I'd be looking for upgrades at all OF positions. Though I would try to keep Gomes.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Baker has already said he will bat Rolen 5th.......how does that grab you. Can't even be bothered to move BP down or to the 2nd slot.

Who bat's 2nd now? It should be Hanigan but now it will be AG?
    To be blunt: who cares?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Part of me feels the same way about this trade as I felt about the Billy Doran trade in 1990
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Hrmm this deal gets a big "big deal" from me, Rolen's power has evaporated and he's a Joe Randa at this point, all for 10 million bucks next year, IF he's healthy.

I'd like it better if we hadn't throw in more then EE.
    Go Gators!

Your bluntness has been duly noted...many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    no rolen, then go out and sign Beltre in the off-season. I am sure $11M would go a long way in his case.
    Sign Beltre or Figgens and I'm more ready to include Frazier in a deal - maybe he, Stewart and others for Yunel Escobar. Now, I am very hesitant to deal Frazier because I'm gonna need him if Rolen goes down. If Beltre or Figgens goes elsewhere you can still do the deal for Rolen. Youd have time to think instead of letting Riccardi push your backup against a deadline and panic you into overpaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'd be looking for upgrades at all OF positions. Though I would try to keep Gomes.

The OF as it's currently set is ugly, but Gomes would be nothing more than a bench bat. And you might as well reserve yourself to the fact that WT is in CF next year.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Would you continue to platoon Gomes and Nix in LF?

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    The OF as it's currently set is ugly, but Gomes would be nothing more than a bench bat. And you might as well reserve yourself to the fact that WT is in CF next year.
    That's how I'd view Gomes. I imagine that WT will share time with one of the AAA guys.

And you might as well reserve yourself to the fact that WT is in CF next year.
    I wouldn't bet on it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it.
    I don't see Bob eating $4+ next year and I gotta believe if he's on the roster he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Sign Beltre or Figgens and I'm more ready to include Frazier in a deal - maybe he, Stewart and others for Yunel Escobar. Now, I am very hesitant to deal Frazier because I'm gonna need him if Rolen goes down. If Beltre or Figgens goes elsewhere you can still do the deal for Rolen. Youd have time to think instead of letting Riccardi push your backup against a deadline and panic you into overpaying.
    IMO, he didn't overpay. So you're arguing over the timing of the deal at that point. Beltre will require a long term commitment. So would Figgens.

The Reds dumped a guy without a position and a couple of question mark bullpen guys for some certainty at a decent rate for a limited commitment. It's not a world shifter, but it improves the MLB team, and that's what I as a fan ask for.

I don't see Bob eating $4+ next year and I gotta believe if he's on the roster he plays.
    He ate so much of Krivsky's gristle I imagine he's still backed up.

IMO, he didn't overpay. So you're arguing over the timing of the deal at that point. Beltre will require a long term commitment. So would Figgens.

The Reds dumped a guy without a position and a couple of question mark bullpen guys for some certainty at a decent rate for a limited commitment. It's not a world shifter, but it improves the MLB team, and that's what I as a fan ask for.
    Then why did they waste money on bringing him back?

He ate so much of Krivsky's gristle I imagine he's still backed up.
    And wasn't afraid to talk about it either.

Turn Off Ads?