Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How to deal with Reds Trades?

How to deal with Reds Trades?

Feeling down because your Reds make stupid moves all the time...

Wanting to know why....

Here's easy steps to forget about it....

1. Get drunk and i mean the kind of drunk where u piss on the furniture

2. Grab any hard object close to you and begin banging it into your skull

3. Lie in fetal position asking god why

4. Hope for Bengals season to start ASAP

5. Last step, drive down to GABP sit in your seat, and place brown paper bag over your head

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How to deal with Reds Trades?

Or how about not even going to GAPB? If knowone shows up I bet they make some changes. As long as you keep showing up and paying to get in nothing will change. The FO doesnt really care about us as long as they make money.

Not following you. They dumped Hairston, who is crap (can't get bunts down, doesn't hit in the clutch, etc). They dumped Encarnacion, who is crap (maybe the worst fielder I've ever seen down at the hot corner for the Reds, doesn't hit in the clutch, VERY bad baserunner). Did they give up some young talent? Maybe. But that is not proven talent. Rolen is. Seems to me, we just upgraded at third base by a ton.

We didn't just give away our best players. Guess that would have made you guys happier. The first step of having a winning franchise is keeping your best players. Mission accomplished. Would have liked to see Arroyo go, but oh well.

As far as 'the FO only cares as long as they make money', Rolen makes almost three times as much as Hairston and Encarnacion combined.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

Your kidding right? We got fleeced! Roenicke is a solid bullpen arm young cheap and has a ton of upside, same with Stewart. Edwin is 26 has a career BA around 280, OPS around 800 and will hit over 20 HRs in a season. Obviously his glove is his downfall, but If you think oldman Rivers oops i mean Rolen is a good move your out of your mind! Rolen is having a great year but since this year the guy has been plagued with injuries and in 07 and 08 has regressed tremendously hitting 260 with 11 and 8 hrs. He has chronic back problems is a long DL stint waiting to happen and is owed 11 mil next season. As for getting rid of Hairston not a bad move at all the guy stinks!

Considering everything thats happened I along with others are very frustrated!

Basically you guys wouldn't trade a minor league reliever and a AA starter to have Rolin over EE.We traded potential for production.At the very least this should be some indication that the Reds are going to try to put together a winning team next year.Hopefully this is just the start of it.

For the record I never minded EE but I have grown sick of his defense and massive slumps that he has.I'll take my chances with Rolin being healthy next year.Ask yourself this.Witch one would be more likely to be an All Star next year?Rolin would be a easy answer for me.Isn't that what we want on this team?

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post
    Feeling down because your Reds make stupid moves all the time...

Wanting to know why....

Here's easy steps to forget about it....

1. Get drunk and i mean the kind of drunk where u piss on the furniture

2. Grab any hard object close to you and begin banging it into your skull

3. Lie in fetal position asking god why

4. Hope for Bengals season to start ASAP

5. Last step, drive down to GABP sit in your seat, and place brown paper bag over your head
    I like #5.

I am just glad to have a 2nd good bat in our lineup. Votto and Rolen is a solid 3/4 for next year and he only has 1 year left after this. Not to mention we manned up and added some payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I am just glad to have a 2nd good bat in our lineup. Votto and Rolen is a solid 3/4 for next year and he only has 1 year left after this. Not to mention we manned up and added some payroll.
    Yet everyone else would prefer to

I'm sort of confused about what Reds fans here really want.Do we want questions going into every seasons or do we want answers?We have a 3rd baseman that could if healthy will be very productive and play great defense next year(he's 33, not 40).While nothing is certain in baseball its a safer bet that Rolin will make this team much better 2010 then EE would.Its safe to say that 3/4 of our infield will be All Star caliber in 2010.I know that still makes us a league average SS,CF,LF and Jay Bruce being really good(he has been a plus RF this year despite his struggles) away from a playoff contender but its a good start.

Don't you guys want a team full of big league guys that have a proven track record?Would you rather have guys that have potential?Every year I see ESPN and other media sources say"the Reds could be a dark horse team and if everything goes right they can compete,they have a ton of potential".I'm sick of that.The only way to get past that is to add guys like Rolin and get rid of guys with huge question marks like EE.If that is done we have a team that should win and not a team that could win if the stars align.

This is the first sign that the Reds are willing to make moves that can make this team a contender that we have seen in a very long time but just like Edwin Encaracion of the Toronto Blue Toronto Blue Jays would do, you guys have missed the sign.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 08-01-2009 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Yet everyone else would prefer to

I'm sort of confused about what Reds fans here really want.Do we want questions going into every seasons or do we want answers?We have a 3rd baseman that could if healthy will be very productive and play great defense next year(he's 33, not 40).While nothing is certain in baseball its a safer bet that RolEn will make this team much better 2010 then EE would.Its safe to say that 3/4 of our infield will be All Star caliber in 2010.I know that still makes us a league average SS,CF,LF and Jay Bruce being really good(he has been a plus RF this year despite his struggles) away from a playoff contender but its a good start.
    We went through the whole song and dance last year, and then it came time to pay up Cast hid. Rolen's 34 and his back is already going out, where does that leave us if it goes out "for good"? We could have brought an upgrade in during FA or another deal this offseason for EE. LF went unanswered beyond some scrap heap filler and Jerry Hairston Jr., SS went unanswered, and if Willy Tavares is an answer to anything I dont want to know the question. Cast says he wants a winner but he froze payroll and I am really starting to ? the mindset of the entire front office. We have so little depth, and have had the last 15 years, in terms of possible STARTING pitching that we cant afford to give up guys like Stewart for aging vets due to "name recognition".

Don't you guys want a team full of big league guys that have a proven track record?Would you rather have guys that have potential?Every year I see ESPN and other media sources say"the Reds could be a dark horse team and if everything goes right they can compete,they have a ton of potential".I'm sick of that.The only way to get past that is to add guys like RolEn and get rid of guys with huge question marks like EE.If that is done we have a team that should win and not a team that could win if the stars align.
    Problem is the stars arent aligning because we continue to meddle in the middle being "content" with 70-80 wins, never truely changing the organization. I'd have no problem trading Stewart plus some for Rolen of 02, Cliff Lee, AGon, etc because they all would have had significant LONG TERM value. Rolen of now though is hitting for ave, little power, and plays d... what happens to his value if he faulters in one of the other two categories due to his back? His window is small, expensive, maybe albatross at worst we need talent added to this team that isnt just a 1-2 year deal, we need talent added that can stick around for 5-6+ years and produce at a high level. I do not see Rolen making THAT much of a difference.

This is the first sign that the Reds are willing to make moves that can make this team a contender that we have seen in a very long time but just like Edwin Encaracion of the Toronto Blue Toronto Blue Jays would do, you guys have missed the sign.
    We shall see what Cast does with the payroll but without a nice bump theres going to be too much tied up in guys like Tavares, like Rolen, like Arroyo, like Cordero to fill in all the gaps. Especially if Volquez is out for any of the season. I am basing this on history and that Rolen just eats the money saved by buying out of Hernandez and not resigning Gonzalez or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    We went through the whole song and dance last year, and then it came time to pay up Cast hid. Rolen's 34 and his back is already going out, where does that leave us if it goes out "for good"? We could have brought an upgrade in during FA or another deal this offseason for EE. LF went unanswered beyond some scrap heap filler and Jerry Hairston Jr., SS went unanswered, and if Willy Tavares is an answer to anything I dont want to know the question. Cast says he wants a winner but he froze payroll and I am really starting to ? the mindset of the entire front office. We have so little depth, and have had the last 15 years, in terms of possible STARTING pitching that we cant afford to give up guys like Stewart for aging vets due to "name recognition".

Problem is the stars arent aligning because we continue to meddle in the middle being "content" with 70-80 wins, never truely changing the organization. I'd have no problem trading Stewart plus some for Rolen of 02, Cliff Lee, AGon, etc because they all would have had significant LONG TERM value. Rolen of now though is hitting for ave, little power, and plays d... what happens to his value if he faulters in one of the other two categories due to his back? His window is small, expensive, maybe albatross at worst we need talent added to this team that isnt just a 1-2 year deal, we need talent added that can stick around for 5-6+ years and produce at a high level. I do not see Rolen making THAT much of a difference.

We shall see what Cast does with the payroll but without a nice bump theres going to be too much tied up in guys like Tavares, like Rolen, like Arroyo, like Cordero to fill in all the gaps. Especially if Volquez is out for any of the season. I am basing this on history and that Rolen just eats the money saved by buying out of Hernandez and not resigning Gonzalez or so.
    Most of what you said didn't really make since if we're talking about this team going forward.We all know what Cast and WJ didn't do last off season.If you think that this move is just more of the same then your either not really paying attention or don't know what your talking about.We have relied upon the unproven and at times the proven to be bad to lead this team.I'm just sick of this.

Let me try it this way.Do you guys know who the Red Sox are?In case you don't they are a team that wins every year and has proven that they really know what they are doing.Well they wanted Rolin.Does that mean anything to you?

i think some of you guys are under the impression that you don't have to trade away any kind of talent to get talent in return. i'm sure walt didn't want to trade away roenicke and stewart, but they were presented with the opportunity to upgrade our offense, which we needed desperately. stewart looks great but that's in limited time in the minors. who knows what he'll do up here and how long it will take for him to blossom. we know that rolen will produce. even if he doesn't bat .320, which chances are he won't since he has never batted that high in his career until this year, it's still better than EE. he's a much better fielder, and don't you think having a solid veteran around the clubhouse will help these young players, namely bruce and dickerson, and possibly stubbs and heisey next year

Most of what you said didn't really make since if we're talking about this team going forward.We all know what Cast and WJ didn't do last off season.If you think that this move is just more of the same then your either not really paying attention or don't know what your talking about.We have relied upon the unproven and at times the proven to be bad to lead this team.I'm just sick of this.

Let me try it this way.Do you guys know who the Red Sox are?In case you don't they are a team that wins every year and has proven that they really know what they are doing.Well they wanted Rolin.Does that mean anything to you?
    Let me summarize what scares the living bejesus out of me about this Front Office.

Lather: Need Power OF bat
    Rinse: Cry of Economy
    Repeat: Same Song second verse same as the first.

Happened last year and afraid it happening again.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Turn Off Ads?