Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Roster moves 7/31/09

  1. #1
    Member GOYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    5,143

    Roster moves 7/31/09

    Up to Reds - Justin Lehr and Kip Wells

    Wells was supposed to start for Louisville tonight.

    Long relief (Ramirez) pitched last night.

    I guess Maloney pitches on short rest.

    Either that of Luis Bolivar starts.

    Up to Bats - Del Rosario

    New to Carolina?? - Chris Kelly and Joseph Krebs

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    They use Maloney on short rest but still called up Lehr anyways. This teams priorities are all out of wack. We dont have the roster spots for Heisey or Stubbs, but we have the Roster spots for Lehr and then pitch Maloney who is on the Roster on short rest.

    I dont mind Lehr getting the shot though. It will probably just end up being brutal.

  4. #3
    Member GOYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    5,143

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    Nope, not Maloney on short rest.

    Ramirez will start after pitching an inning last night.

    I wonder who is considered long relief? Maybe Kennard.

  5. #4
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,332

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    You think this is permanent for Del Rosario? He seems to be moving quick. I was worried with trading Stewart, Manuel, and Roenicke and having two 39 year olds that our previous relieving depth was going down, but I see we still have Ramirez, Viola, Del Rosario, and Ondrusek in AAA
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shelburne Falls, MA
    Posts
    10,092

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    but I see we still have Ramirez, Viola, Del Rosario, and Ondrusek in AAA
    Agreed. Ondrusek may be coming fast. Del Rosario is a GB machine, so maybe there's hope for him, too. Don't rule the conversion of minor league starters into major league relievers -- thinking of Lecure and Klinker in particular. Jordan Smith would be a nice candidate, too, if he can get healthy.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    976

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    Those who wanted to see Shea Snowden promoted to Dayton will get their wish today. Other moves: Partch, Aguido Gonzalez, Wideman all to Sarasota. Weems, the acquisition in the Hairston deal, to Dayton. Mike Bohana to Dayton from Billings.

  8. #7
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,332

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    Well, Weems probably won't get much PT the rest of this year with Coddington there. In Low A/High A, we'll have Coddington, Weems, Fleury, and Mes all next year.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  9. #8
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,796

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Those who wanted to see Shea Snowden promoted to Dayton will get their wish today. Other moves: Partch, Aguido Gonzalez, Wideman all to Sarasota. Weems, the acquisition in the Hairston deal, to Dayton. Mike Bohana to Dayton from Billings.
    Shea Snowden: The Quest for Bobblehead continues.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,162

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Shea Snowden: The Quest for Bobblehead continues.
    Forget a bobblehead.

    Shea Snowden.... THE SNOWGLOBE Quest continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  11. #10
    Member GOYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    5,143

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    And the day after,

    Added to the Bats roster:

    Matt Klinker
    Lee Tabor

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    I wonder if Frazier might be getting the bump soon. I have to guess Sutton and Rosales are up for the rest of the year in the majors right?

    Oh Dickerson is on the DL so one will come back. I wonder which one it will be.

  13. #12
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,417

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    You have to wonder why why why they are moving Frazier along so slowly. I'm sorry but the guy has done nothing but rake all year at AA. He needs to be given a full month at AAA if there is any chance for him to have any impact at the ML level before September next year. DFA Nix who will not be here next year (at least he better not) call up Stubbs even if its to play him in LF just to see what we have, move Heisley to CF in AAA and call Frazier up to AAA for LF. It would probaly actualy improve the Bats lineup.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,166

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    You have to wonder why why why they are moving Frazier along so slowly. I'm sorry but the guy has done nothing but rake all year at AA. He needs to be given a full month at AAA if there is any chance for him to have any impact at the ML level before September next year. DFA Nix who will not be here next year (at least he better not) call up Stubbs even if its to play him in LF just to see what we have, move Heisley to CF in AAA and call Frazier up to AAA for LF. It would probaly actualy improve the Bats lineup.
    I think about 95% of those posting would agree with most of what you say. If they haven't moved Stubbs up by now, with all the outfield injuries, I don't think we will see him until September, if then. My bet is that he will start in CF for the Reds next spring. I noticed that Heisey is playing LF and batting 5th. I wonder if they are determining if he has enough power to play left. I would love to see Stubbs/Heisey/Bruce/Dickerson + 1 as the outfielders next year. I still see Frasier as 3B. Obtaining Rolen removes the need to advance him quickly. As an outfielder, I don't see him jumping over Heisey.

    I am most curious about Cozart. It seems to me that the Reds would want to be in a position to at least evaluate him for the big club next spring. Otherwise, the choices are Gonzalez, Janish, Valaika, Rosales, or a trade/free agent.

    This is pure conjecture, but the Reds seem to be treating Stubbs, Heisey, Frasier, and Cozart a little differently. I believe they see them as ML players who could be hurt by the up and down taxi squad moves we have seen for Rosales and Castillo. I suspect that when they move up, they will stay.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,834

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I think about 95% of those posting would agree with most of what you say. If they haven't moved Stubbs up by now, with all the outfield injuries, I don't think we will see him until September, if then. My bet is that he will start in CF for the Reds next spring. I noticed that Heisey is playing LF and batting 5th. I wonder if they are determining if he has enough power to play left. I would love to see Stubbs/Heisey/Bruce/Dickerson + 1 as the outfielders next year. I still see Frasier as 3B. Obtaining Rolen removes the need to advance him quickly. As an outfielder, I don't see him jumping over Heisey.

    I am most curious about Cozart. It seems to me that the Reds would want to be in a position to at least evaluate him for the big club next spring. Otherwise, the choices are Gonzalez, Janish, Valaika, Rosales, or a trade/free agent.

    This is pure conjecture, but the Reds seem to be treating Stubbs, Heisey, Frasier, and Cozart a little differently. I believe they see them as ML players who could be hurt by the up and down taxi squad moves we have seen for Rosales and Castillo. I suspect that when they move up, they will stay.
    I( think in Cozart's case, he's been nursing an ankle injury - that's not to say theywould have moved him, had he been healthy.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

    Jocketty said something along the lines of they are going to be moving Cozart up soon.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25