Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roster moves 7/31/09

Roster moves 7/31/09

Up to Reds - Justin Lehr and Kip Wells

Wells was supposed to start for Louisville tonight.

Long relief (Ramirez) pitched last night.

I guess Maloney pitches on short rest.

Either that of Luis Bolivar starts.

Up to Bats - Del Rosario

New to Carolina?? - Chris Kelly and Joseph Krebs

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Roster moves 7/31/09

They use Maloney on short rest but still called up Lehr anyways. This teams priorities are all out of wack. We dont have the roster spots for Heisey or Stubbs, but we have the Roster spots for Lehr and then pitch Maloney who is on the Roster on short rest.

I dont mind Lehr getting the shot though. It will probably just end up being brutal.

Nope, not Maloney on short rest.

Ramirez will start after pitching an inning last night.

I wonder who is considered long relief? Maybe Kennard.

You think this is permanent for Del Rosario? He seems to be moving quick. I was worried with trading Stewart, Manuel, and Roenicke and having two 39 year olds that our previous relieving depth was going down, but I see we still have Ramirez, Viola, Del Rosario, and Ondrusek in AAA
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

but I see we still have Ramirez, Viola, Del Rosario, and Ondrusek in AAA
    Agreed. Ondrusek may be coming fast. Del Rosario is a GB machine, so maybe there's hope for him, too. Don't rule the conversion of minor league starters into major league relievers -- thinking of Lecure and Klinker in particular. Jordan Smith would be a nice candidate, too, if he can get healthy.

Those who wanted to see Shea Snowden promoted to Dayton will get their wish today. Other moves: Partch, Aguido Gonzalez, Wideman all to Sarasota. Weems, the acquisition in the Hairston deal, to Dayton. Mike Bohana to Dayton from Billings.

Well, Weems probably won't get much PT the rest of this year with Coddington there. In Low A/High A, we'll have Coddington, Weems, Fleury, and Mes all next year.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Those who wanted to see Shea Snowden promoted to Dayton will get their wish today. Other moves: Partch, Aguido Gonzalez, Wideman all to Sarasota. Weems, the acquisition in the Hairston deal, to Dayton. Mike Bohana to Dayton from Billings.
    Shea Snowden: The Quest for Bobblehead continues.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Shea Snowden: The Quest for Bobblehead continues.
    Forget a bobblehead.

Shea Snowden.... THE SNOWGLOBE Quest continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

And the day after,

Added to the Bats roster:

Matt Klinker
    Lee Tabor

I wonder if Frazier might be getting the bump soon. I have to guess Sutton and Rosales are up for the rest of the year in the majors right?

Oh Dickerson is on the DL so one will come back. I wonder which one it will be.

Resident PED Expert

You have to wonder why why why they are moving Frazier along so slowly. I'm sorry but the guy has done nothing but rake all year at AA. He needs to be given a full month at AAA if there is any chance for him to have any impact at the ML level before September next year. DFA Nix who will not be here next year (at least he better not) call up Stubbs even if its to play him in LF just to see what we have, move Heisley to CF in AAA and call Frazier up to AAA for LF. It would probaly actualy improve the Bats lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    You have to wonder why why why they are moving Frazier along so slowly. I'm sorry but the guy has done nothing but rake all year at AA. He needs to be given a full month at AAA if there is any chance for him to have any impact at the ML level before September next year. DFA Nix who will not be here next year (at least he better not) call up Stubbs even if its to play him in LF just to see what we have, move Heisley to CF in AAA and call Frazier up to AAA for LF. It would probaly actualy improve the Bats lineup.
    I think about 95% of those posting would agree with most of what you say. If they haven't moved Stubbs up by now, with all the outfield injuries, I don't think we will see him until September, if then. My bet is that he will start in CF for the Reds next spring. I noticed that Heisey is playing LF and batting 5th. I wonder if they are determining if he has enough power to play left. I would love to see Stubbs/Heisey/Bruce/Dickerson + 1 as the outfielders next year. I still see Frasier as 3B. Obtaining Rolen removes the need to advance him quickly. As an outfielder, I don't see him jumping over Heisey.

I am most curious about Cozart. It seems to me that the Reds would want to be in a position to at least evaluate him for the big club next spring. Otherwise, the choices are Gonzalez, Janish, Valaika, Rosales, or a trade/free agent.

This is pure conjecture, but the Reds seem to be treating Stubbs, Heisey, Frasier, and Cozart a little differently. I believe they see them as ML players who could be hurt by the up and down taxi squad moves we have seen for Rosales and Castillo. I suspect that when they move up, they will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I think about 95% of those posting would agree with most of what you say. If they haven't moved Stubbs up by now, with all the outfield injuries, I don't think we will see him until September, if then. My bet is that he will start in CF for the Reds next spring. I noticed that Heisey is playing LF and batting 5th. I wonder if they are determining if he has enough power to play left. I would love to see Stubbs/Heisey/Bruce/Dickerson + 1 as the outfielders next year. I still see Frasier as 3B. Obtaining Rolen removes the need to advance him quickly. As an outfielder, I don't see him jumping over Heisey.

I am most curious about Cozart. It seems to me that the Reds would want to be in a position to at least evaluate him for the big club next spring. Otherwise, the choices are Gonzalez, Janish, Valaika, Rosales, or a trade/free agent.

This is pure conjecture, but the Reds seem to be treating Stubbs, Heisey, Frasier, and Cozart a little differently. I believe they see them as ML players who could be hurt by the up and down taxi squad moves we have seen for Rosales and Castillo. I suspect that when they move up, they will stay.
    I( think in Cozart's case, he's been nursing an ankle injury - that's not to say theywould have moved him, had he been healthy.

Jocketty said something along the lines of they are going to be moving Cozart up soon.

Turn Off Ads?